Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, February 14, 2011

Reactivating The Lost Sheep

The Missionaries of Delta BC
Hi!
 
 I really don't have too much time to write alot this week, so this will be a short e-mail sorry!
 
 This week has been really great though, we found 6 new investigators! I'm so excited about all of them, they're really 2 families who started to check out the church. the first family is part member family, that means that there is a member in the family who is a member of the church and the rest are now members. Anyway they are the Iklakh family they are from Fiji and have been living in Canada sine 1996 bro Iklakh has been inactive pretty much since he has arrived in Canada, and we decided to go and visit them and we talked a little bit about church and he told us that he really wants to come back he's just scared because it has been so long! Anyway his wife and his 2 children agreed to started meeting with us to learn more and they are so nice and I'm really excited for them
 
 The next family we were referred to by members, they are Philipino, their names are Raquel and Noel and I forget what their daughters name is. They remind me so much of Brad and Jocelyn because Noel is just like Brad was he isn't really sure if God exist and he says if God exists then why should he care. I'm super excited for them too! We started to teach them last week and I felt the spirit really strong in the lesson and it felt really good to testify to them about the Book of Mormon, I could tell that Raquel was feeling the spirit because her eyes lit up in the lesson and you can just see that she was feeling something. I love that feeling, because I am so happy when we teach and give the spirit a chance to testify the truthfulness of what we teach, because in the end it's the spirit that converts people not us. I realize that so much more now that I did at the beginning of my mission, it's weird to look back and think that it has been 6 months now, it seems like I just arrived at the MTC yesterday time is going by. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to serve my mission I am learning and growing so much, and I know that I wouldn't be able to have experiences like this anywhere else than here.  


So I got to go sorry it was such a short e-mail this week I hope everyone is well and I hope dad starts to get better soon, I'll pray for him.
Happy Valentines day! Love you!

Elder Kameron Lahache



Here is our Apartment



No comments:

Post a Comment