Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Thursday, August 12, 2010

MTC Day 2

Hi Everyone.

  I'm in the MTC and our branch president wanted us to e-mail our families and tell you that I'm okay. So I am. But one of the things I really noticed being here is the spirit never leaves. At home I would feel the spirit once in a while and then it would go away and the same thing at church. But this feeling it here is incredible and completely unexpected. Even when I walked into the MTC I was feeling a little scared and nervous, but as soon as I stepped into the doors those feelings just dissapeared and I felt good and peaceful and confident. So I know that God's spirit is here, and it's really been helping me alot so far.

 Today we had to memorize alot of things and I had no idea how I was going to do it. But then I just thought in my mind to use the cards that we use in seminary and I had all the things I needed memorized in less that 20 mins which is amazing! I know that I was able to do this with help from the spirit and that I probably would have been able to on my own but this constant companionship of the spirit really gives you this extra boost that I've never had before.
 
 Speaking of companions I have two, because we are a threesome, my companions names are Elder Reynolds and Elder Garcia and I call Elder Garcia Cherry Garcia some times. Elder Reynolds is from Holliday Utah which is pretty close to Shawn's house, and Elder Garcia is from West Valley. But I'm not really sure where that is, I don't think I've ever been there. But they are both fantastic guys with strong testimonies, so I'm grateful to have them as companions.

 The MTC has been pretty tiring yesterday it was about only 6 and I felt completely exhausted, but today I'm doing great. The food here is actually pretty good, and I'm trying my best to eat healthy. Yesterday we had a meeting were we met the MTC president their companions and their wives, they all gave really great talks but I really felt the spirit when we were singing the Hymns, I felt it like when we sang Armies of Helamen at youth conference. So our destrict is about 9 missionaries usually it's 10-12 but a few missionaries in our group never showed up.

 Our teachers are Brother Galloway he served his mission in Washington D.C. and Brother Mehr who served in Russia! It's crazy because I miss everyone so much already I didn't really think I would at least this quick, I guess it's because I finally accepted that I won't be seeing you guys for two years. But I've been prayer alot and asking God to help me to be okay so that I can concentrate on the work. So my feelings have gone completely away but they less intense I guess. I was reading a scripture today that stood out to me, it's 3 Nephi 12: 43-44 it says " And behold it is written also that thou shalt love they neighbor and hate thine enemy. But Behold I say unto you, Love you enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you."

 Tell Cody that the MTC is actually a pretty fun place and they have a gym to use! FOR FREE! I love you mom and dad, and let everyone know that I love them and miss them and that I think of everyone alot. I hope your all having a nice relaxing time in Myrtle Beach.

Alright that's it LOVE YOU GUYS! I'll talk to you all soon

Elder Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment