Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 1

Hi Mom and Dad!

 So today is my p-day so Thursdays, we skipped our first one because they thought that we wouldn't need it. But yeah right now I'm doing the laundry and both of my companions Elder Reynolds and Elder Garcia both didn't know how to do the laundry so I had to teach both of them!

  My mission mailbox number is 214 so let everyone know so everyone can start sending dear Elders! It's crazy I got one from Ben and that was really great to read because I miss him too.I got called to be the district leader for our district. So now I have alot of paper work to fill out and alot of papers to collect too. 

 This week in the MTC was awesome! I was sick for pretty much all of it but I'm finally starting to feel better now. I Had the most amazing experience with feeling the spirit. So we have a teacher named Brother Gannoway and he made us teach on of the other elders or sisters in our class. And he said that we would only be able to teach with what the spirit tells you. So you actually had to sit and listen for an inspired question, I mean I know that when I got out with the missionaries before my mission I would teach with the spirit too but not only rely on that. But I sat there and prayed for Heavenly Father to have his spirit inpire me that I might know the needs and questions that I needed to ask. It was the most amazing experience in the world because I would sit and listen and then questions just started popping out in my mind. Some questions I thought why should I even ask this it didn't make sense to me. I started to ask questions about family and then that led to asking questions about how this investigator felt about their brother.

  When I was finished asking all the questions Brother Gannoway told us to go outside and prepare a spiritual message that we could share based on their needs. I had NO idea what I was going to teach. So I went outside of the room and prayed and this voice inside my head told me. Tell her about her brother Jesus Christ and share with her what he did for us. I mean I know that seems like a simple thing but I truly believe that I was inspired by the spirit to teach that.

 Here we are encouraged to called everyone Elders, instead of guys and dudes, so sometimes I would be yo guys ready to go without realizing it and I would be like OHH I forgot sorry...elders. But yeah time is really starting to fly now, not so much last week because they try to jam so many classes and activits in your first week so it makes it really seem longer than it is. But now things are alot more relaxed. I hope everyone is doing well. Anyway I have to go because my laundry just finished.

 LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!

Elder Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment