Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 2


Hi everyone

 It's crazy that I've only been gone for about 2 weeks it seems like it's been so much longer. Well the MTC has been keeping me really busy I barely have free time so whenever we get P-Day and I get to relax it's always really nice. So much has happened this week, I must have given at least 5 blessings this week because people have been either sick or they have been just having a hard time adjusting to the MTC which is understandable. It was cool though giving all those blessing because each one was a spiritual experience for me, every time that I gave a blessing I let the spirit just flow through me and words came out of my mouth and I had no idea after I finished what I said, so pretty much the same thing that you told me the other day Dad. Thanks so very much for sending me all the dear elder letters they really brighten up my day and it's nice to know what's going on at home!

 This week at our weekly devotional that we have every Tuesday an Apostle came and spoke to all the missionaries. It was Jeffery R. Holland and it was a really powerful spiritual talk. As soon as he walked into the room you we're able to just feel his presence it was amazing! Just that feeling of him walking into the room really strengthened my testimony that this is in fact an apostle of God. He talked about alot of things but really the main points of his talk was that we should give it our all in our missions so that when we come home we have no regrets. He said he spoke to some missionaries who had regrets from their mission and he said that they seemed so sad and disappointed in themselves. So I feel that I have been giving it my all but I can always do better.

 I got an invitation to go to temple square and to attend an endowment session in the Salt Lake Temple on Friday which is tomorrow! So I'm super excited for that, it will be nice to get out and go back to Salt Lake for a bit! So I will be taking lost of pictures as I go there tomorrow. Speaking of pictures Mom I can't send any pictures from this computer so I will have to wait until I get out into the mission field to send pictures because these computers allow you to do absolutely nothing on them. We can only go on LDS web sites, so good thing this e-mail is one of them.

 It's crazy because it seems as if I just got to the MTC yesterday but time flies by so quick, I'm already leaving on Monday so August 30th, and my flight leaves from SLC at 11:00 and I arrive in Vancouver at 12:15 so it's basically around a 2 hour flight because of the time change. I'm really excited to go out and finally start teaching people but at the same time I'm nervous because I know that I'm going to miss my companions Elder Garcia and Elder Reynolds, I'll have to take a picture of all our us together maybe at the temple today or Sunday because Sunday we have a temple walk.

 I'm getting tired of the food, it was good the first few days but now it's just seems like the same food everyday and I don't really feel it's the most good tasting food, so Dad I'm going to need some recipes for some of your recipes so I'll be able to cook good when I get into the mission field.

 I've been reading my Patriarchal blessing lately and it's amazing because I'm seeing many of the blessings that I was promised coming true just from going on my mission. And I know that as I continue to serve diligently that the Lord will continue to bless me and everyone at home too. That's another thing is that I really do miss everyone! I don't have much time to think about it because I'm always so busy because whatever free time we would have I don't because I'm District Leader and I have a bunch of meetings and paper work to fill out. But I'm doing my best to serve my fellow missionaries!

 Hey Cody what is your e-mail address so I can start e-mail you too? I think I remember it but I just want to be sure.

 It's so crazy but awesome to think that this time next week I will be in Vancouver.
I know that going on a mission isn't the easiest thing in the world but I feel that I get alot

 Anyway I have to go because my time on this computer is about to expire. But thank you Mom and Dad and Doda and Cody and everyone else who has written me. It's nice to hear how everyone is doing. And I want everyone to know that I love and miss them. And I'm doing my best for you and for me too!
Talk to you next week!

Love
Elder Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment