Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Raining in BC

Hi everyone Merry Christmas in 12 days! :)


        I did get Ma's package that she sent me I got it on Tuesday I think, I can't really remember it's weird because all the days are just another day of missionary work for me so unless someone tells me what day it is I usually don't know. But I have been keeping a Christmas countdown in our apartment that I update every morning when we get up! But it must have been a Christmas miracles that the package got here fine and everything. I was really happy to get it tell her I said thank you and that I will be sending her a letter too this week.

     This week was a really good week, even though it rained alot, the rain doesn't really bother me it makes things interesting. Plus I find it really funny how people around here freak out about how cold it is here and I'm just walking around and riding our bikes in a light jacket it's awesome. On Wednesday we we're riding our bikes to an appointment that we had with Nicholas he's one of our investigators. On the way there it was pouring so by the time we got to Nicholas' house Elder Nielson and I were both really soaked but it was fun to ride our bikes in the rain. I really like riding bikes in the rain rather than just walking though.

     Oh another thing that's awesome about this place is there is a Krispy Kreme store that's about a 7 min walk from our apartment it's sweet! Whenever we see the red light on we go get our doughnuts.

     Anyway this week Elder Nielson and I continued to serve and do the best that we could, Yesterday we had a Christmas fireside where a member in our ward told "The real story of Christmas", and there was 3 musical numbers. We sang first, we sang a song called lead me to the manger, it was a good song and everyone said that we did a good job, the spirit was really strong through the whole fireside though. Which was really great because we had 4 investigators attend it! We had Richard he has been investigating for quite some time now since before I got here and his wife Adelle is a member. There was Tajinder and Baljinder those two middle eastern ladies that we found I think it was last week or the week before that not sure, and Tajinder brought her friend. One thing that we were sad to find out this week is the Tajinder doesn't live in our ward boundaries so we had to pass her off to the other missionaries that serve in the right place. We were really upset because she was such a solid investigator and she even told us that she felt the spirit when we were teaching her and when she came to the fireside too. But I try really hard to not let it bother me because us doing all this work isn't about us it's about helping other people. So I think it's good that Tajinder and Baljiner go to the different ward because there are people in that ward that are of the same ethnicity so basically more people to relate and fellowship with.

     We also found some potential investigators this week! Fahal he is from Africa, I'm not sure what part but he is way cool we talked with him on the street for about 10 mins and he told us how he came to believe in Jesus Christ. It was awesome because he basically said that he prayed and received an answer by the spirit. We told him about the Book of Mormon and that God continues to lead his children today through a modern prophet and he said that he would definitely like to learn more about that, so we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and we got his number so we'll be calling him later this week to see when we would be able to go see him.

     I'm so grateful for the trust that the Lord has put in Elder Nielson and I, we have had so many people put in are path who are looking to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for us, the people here are really humble too. But there are people who are really stubborn and not so humble too but that's okay.

     Elder Nielson and I are pretty excited for Christmas but it will be weird not being home but I am excited to call you guys. We'll figure out what's going on with that soon too I guess. We're usually in our apartment until 10 in the morning and then we get back around 8:30-9 so I think if possible it would be better to send it in the morning.

     I'm excited for this week because we have Zone conference on Thursday and Friday it should be sweet,
well that's pretty much a really quick update for the week. We have alot of stuff that we have to do today, we're busy pretty much all the time.

BYE LOVE YOU!

Elder Kameron Lahahce

No comments:

Post a Comment