Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Time's a Coming


HEY EVERYONE!! It's so crazy that Christmas is already on Saturday! Where did the time go?!
 
Ok so for calls on Christmas, it will probably be in the morning we're not sure yet what time though because we will more than likely be calling from a members home, they are the Teixera's. I would think anytime after 10 here which is around 1 there. We'll call and let you know and then when I call you can call back so you can use the long distance thing. I'm super excited for Christmas though, we have two DA's on Christmas eve and then I think we're going to someones house on Christmas day for supper I'm not sure. That must be so bad for the missionaries that they both got flushed out of Lasalle they must have been really sad, especially since it's so close to Christmas!
 
So this week has been pretty sweet it was good but also I know that Elder Nielson and I can do better. Elder Nielson has been sick most of the week and then I got sick during the latter part of the week too so that hindered us a bit but we didn't let it stop us from going out and doing our work. We did find a couple of really solid potentials this week! 

We found a lady named Shannon and she's really nice and she said that she really wants to know more about God and how we can be together with our families. When we find people like that it makes my whole day so much better because the night before Elder Nielson and I were praying really hard asking Heavenly Father where we should go finding that day, and we had a choice between two streets. So we prayed about it and we both felt that we should go to the same street so we did and it took a while to find someone who wanted us to come back but then we found Shannon. I know that Heavenly Father blesses with inspiration we see miracles happen as we have faith and as we also do all that we can to work towards different goals we set.
 
We also had Zone conference this week which was great! I learned so much and I love President Nelson, I know that he is truly inspired in the things that he teaches us and you can really tell that he cares about all the missionaries and how we're all doing in our areas. We learned how to teach 1. Simply 2. Powerfully 3. Reverently and even since Zone conference Elder Nielson and I have been trying our best to implement everything that we've learned. It was amazing because I know that we were spiritually fed and we were also physically fed really well too. Which is always a bonus.

On Saturday night all of the Phillipino's in our ward which is like half of our ward, invited us over for their Christmas get together, it was alot of fun we sang Christmas Carols had some good food and played some fun games. It was really good though because there was alot of non members there so we were able to talk to a few and we got 3 new potentials out of it! There are so many families here that treat us missionaries like family and it's really nice because it gives you that extra boost that you need sometimes.
 
I'm really grateful for the chance that I have to serve in this area with Elder Nielson, the work can be hard sometimes but in the end it's very rewarding. We truly do get to see the Lord's hand in out work because it's actually incredible how many people are put into our path who are searching for the truth. Plus many of our investigators are new so I get to see the change that it brings into them, I saw that a little in Langley but alot of the people who we taught had already been meeting with missionaries before. But we get to see people what they were like before the gospel was introduced into their lives and after. The brightness that this church brings into people lives is Heavenly Father's love I know that's true and I 've also felt that while I've been out.
 
So yeah that Vancouver trip was alright, I would have liked to stay in the more downtown area but other missionaries wanted to go exploring so I didn't really have a choice. Vancouver is a really nice city it's clean and then people are relatively kind. On a scale of 1-10 I would say it was a 6 for the trip, Elder Nielson and I want to go again sometime just by ourselves though so we don't get caught into doing things that neither of us care about.
 
My Dejardins card doesn't work anymore...I don't know why but I've been doing okay money wise there's a safeway grocery store right across from our apartment and I got a membership there because it's free! So we get pretty good discounts on alot of the food that we buy.
 
Anyway I'm really excited to be able to talk to everyone I guess if on Christmas it gets kinda late for you guys in the day and you need to call you can just call our cell.
 
TALK TO YOU SOOON! love you !!!! <3 and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
Love
Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment