Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Transfered to Burnaby!

Hey!

How is everybody!!!! Well today is the day that we are getting our transfer calls, I honestly I have no idea what to expect. I'm pretty sure that either Elder Williams or myself will be transferred, I think I might be because when President Nelson goes home he is taking the mac back with him because he bought it! I'm really going to miss it because it's so nice to have with all the work that I've been going in the office, lately I've been going alot of graphic design I'll send you some of the ads and different stuff that I've been working on! So yeah I'm thinking that things are going to change quite a bit this week, so I'll ask President if I could tell you if I'm getting transferred tomorrow because we find out tonight.

But I'm excited and I know that no matter where I go it's where the Lord needs me to be! I've never been in an area as long as I've been in Richmond so it's probably going to be hard for me to leave, if I leave just because if I get comfortable in an area then I really resist the change. It will be good though change is always an interesting experience for me :).
One of my designs
The work here was slower than it has been for the past few weeks, many of our investigators cancelled appointments that we had set up so we spent much of our time on the streets contacting people. It reminded me of when I was in Delta we used to do that there all the time! I love going out and just contacting people though, I love feeling the road on my feet and the wind, I always feel like I have the spirit quite strongly with me when we're street contacting. I think it's mostly because I have no idea what we're going to say when we start talking to people, but we just start by saying something and then really the spirit just takes it from there. I have learned to put my trust in the Lord and when I do that he is always there to help us out.

This week I had some really good personal studies, usually in my studies I like to read a few book like Jesus the Christ, The Book of Mormon, The New Testament and a Book of Mormon study manual that I have. But this week I tired something new I decided that I would just focus on the Book of Mormon and just read that for my whole morning study and then I would write down my thoughts feelings etc. in my study journal. I feel that I've learned so much this week and I know that it was because I decided to focus my studies on the Book of Mormon. Lately I also find that I am relying more and more on using the scriptures to help me when we're teaching people. Using the scriptures while we teach really helps to bring in the spirit, the Book of Mormon just has that power.

Hey remember a few weeks ago we did a training the mission about mormon.org well we have it online and if you want you can watch some of it here http://www.livestream.com/canvanmission/video?clipId=pla_28be359c-ba3b-4a9f-af57-4d66e0636ad0. It's three hours long though so it's ok I you don't really have to watch the whole thing.

 Oh I tried to send out the package for real last week, but apparently Canada Post is on strike that's messed up and really inconvenient so now it's sitting here in the office and I'm just waiting for these people to get off strike so I can finally send you those videos.
 
 So did you guys do anything for father's day yesterday? I have to say happy father's day to SONNY BOY!!! I was thinking about you alot yesterday dad and I am so happy that your my dad your like seriously the coolest dad in the world. I always tell stories about you to different missionaries and they always say wow your dad sounds like such a cool guy! I'm just like yeah he is, then they always ask me if you seriously have a new york accent and I just say yeah he does! =) So yeah if I could I would send you one of those awesome jibjab cards!

 Today we're going pick up those temple pass along cards so I'm really excited to see how they turn out! Anyway I have to run we got to go run a quite errand for President. If I have time I'll write more later today!


Super Joe my favorite player
 I am getting transferred! To Burnaby! I think it's pretty sweet! I'll be in the same city where Joe Sakic grew up. But I'm excited Burnaby is a nice place I've been there a couple of times. So yeah I should get getting many pictures with our investigators this
week and I'll send them to you next week!

Love you! you guys are awesome!!!!!

Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment