Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last Zone Conference For President and Sister Nelson




President Nelson and Elder Lahache
Mom and Dad!
 
 Last week was great but before I forget I want to answer a question that I think I forgot to answer last week in my letter home. So there aren't that many Wal-marts in B.C. it's weird instead there is this store called the real Canadian superstore and basically it's a Wal-Mart wanna be, but the closest Wal-Mart for me is about 30 minutes away. Yeah so I don't know how you would be able to send me those pictures.
 
 But last week we had Zone Conference and it was great. It was President and Sister Nelson's last time that they would be giving a Zone Conference on their mission, they're leaving in about 2 weeks, so it was a bit of an emotional experience but the spirit was really strong. We talked about learning and gaining a testimony of every principle in chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel, then being able to teach those principles simply, powerfully and relevantly. I think it's awesome, it's given me something new to start working on and it's helped me to see that there is always a way that we can improve. But yeah it was a two day Zone Conference the first day it was in Delta my old area and then the second day it was in Langley in my other old area so I got to see my past two areas last week! It was really nice and it brought back many memories it made me just realize to just how fast time is going by and how precious this time I have being on a mission is. The second day we ended with singing the Army of Helaman song, almost everyone was crying just because it was so emotional, every was happy and thankful to have President and Sister Nelson with us but we are also sad because they're going to be leaving soon.
 
 Today we get to go to the temple I'm so excited it's been a really long time since I've been to the temple and I'm excited to go and feel the spirit that is there.
  
 This week we were able to meet with Camala, she's doing so well. But we have to go and get running to get to the temple on time. I'll write you more when we get back!


 Those kids in the zombie video, they were just randomly here while we were in the office doing weekly planning. They're the kids of members in the ward here. They were banging on the door for almost 2 minutes and then finally we decided we could video it and make it look like it's ZOMBIES OUT THERE!


 We just got back from the temple! It was awesome! I learned so much and I received answers to my prayers. It was nice to be able to go to the temple it's really nice and it's alot bigger than it looks on the outside.
 
 Oh yeah and next week is transfers so we'll see what happens, I think if anything I might be getting transferred, Richmond has been my longest area on my mission. I like it here a lot but I don't really think I would mind if I got transferred. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Oh and Dad I heard that the Canucks are in the Stanley cup finals! That means that on Wednesday people are going to be going crazy whether they win or lose. President has given us permission to watch the game on condition that there is a non member there. So if a member invites us over to go watch the game with them we might. I'm not sure yet. I think that the Canucks are going to win though, I just think it's crazy how they get wrecked whenever they go to Boston. Apparently Boston's goalie is really good!
 

Sister Nelson and Elder Lahache
Work in the office is going really well! We just ordered some pass along cards for the temple and I designed them, so I thought that was really cool. Many of the missionaries are excited to get them and start passing them around. President said we'll order 500 for the first order and if they are used well then we'll start ordering more I'll have to send them to you! Oh and that package that I keep meaning to send is still here, well at least it's wrapped up now! I'm sorry we've just been extremely busy here and we barely get time to eat even! But I'm pretty sure that I will be able to mail it this week and then I guess I'll send you the pass along cards in a letter or something!
 

 So it sounds like you guys are super busy at home too! Tell Doda that I said happy birthday and that I love her!

 Anyway I got to get going we have an appointment in about 15 minutes and we still have to drive there!
 
 Love you, have a good week! =)
 
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment