Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A New Investigator

I need some patch
 Hey Mom, Dad, Cody, Colton and Kelsey!
 
 How is everyone today?! First of all I would like to thank you so much very much, for the most delicious package of life. It is truly glorious and I am currently eating some of the glorious sour patch itself. It's a snack that smiles...not goldfish. So to answer your question yes I did receive the package.
 
 This week was somewhat busy, not as busy as last week but Elder Williams and I still got much accomplished. I am planning on sending the package that I have either later on today or tomorrow. So I also have some good news, today our chevy Malibu was retired and we have replaced it with a BRAND NEW SUBURA! So I am pretty excited about that. But that is just a side note. But this week was pretty eventful for us in terms of missionary work. We found a new investigator this week his name is Dave, and he's an interesting guy. It was funny we received a call from some Elders in Whiterock which is an area that is right next to Richmond about 20 minutes away. So they called us and told us about Dave and that he was interested in meeting up with us. So we were like awesome someone new to go teach! So we called him up and we set up a time to go over. So we went over and it was a interesting appointment. The first thing he said to us when we walked into his house was "Hello brothers!" and then he said how he knows a few members of the church and how on of his friends have him a Book of Mormon. Then he said ok well I have one question about a verse, so we were like OK! So he opened up to Ether 12:!7 and it says "And it was by their faith that the three disciples obtained a promise that they should not taster of death; and they obtained not the promise until after their faith." The first thing that came into my mind was wow this guy's crazy! Does he think he's one of the three Nephites or something. But then he look at both of us and said what does that mean? He didn't even give us a chance to answer because he went straightaway telling us what he thought it meant. Which was basically that we all need faith to follow Jesus Christ. He was really cool though he had a lot of beliefs that were true but he also believed a lot of false doctrine. He tried to explain to us what the baptism of fire is. And yeah it was not correct, I thought it was funny though, people have funny interpretations of scriptures. Which made me think how grateful I am that we have a living Prophet who leads and guides us, and he is there and he is inspired of God to help us understand> the scriptures and their true meaning.
 
 But yeah that was pretty much just the random weird teaching appointment of the week. It's funny though because we set a return appointment for next Saturday! =) This week Elder Williams and I were focusing on the importance of the Book of Mormon with our investigators. I don't think I told about this new investigator that we started teaching a little under 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry many things go through my mind as I e-mail and I usually get distracted, but it is getting better! So our new investigator's name is Rob and he's really cool he's 23 years old and he first started talking to his friend who is member about their faith randomly and they got talking and he wanted to learn more SO she invited him to meet with the missionaries and he said yes! So we've been focusing on the Book of Mormon with him and more importantly how it answers questions that each and every one of us have. So we asked him to read the Book of Mormon and as he was reading to think about the question that he has in his heart. I know that as he searches and he truly is sincere in his search for truth that he will find his answer in the Book of Mormon and the spirit will testify to him of the truth of it as well! But I just love to read to Book of Mormon I still can't believe how much I learn from it as I read it everyday!
 
 That's so cool that you guys had some more baptisms at home! I'm excited because I'm positive that Richmond will be getting another very soon!
 
 Anyway that's pretty much the highlights of this week. Elder Williams and I are preparing for a training that we will be giving to all the leaders in the mission Thursday about how to effectively use Mormon.org I'm really excited to see the good that will come from this. It's cool because we are going to be broadcasting it online to all the missionaries throughout the mission so that everyone will be on the same page with our goals and what we can achieve. So it will be good.
 
 I've attached some pictures of me enjoying all of the delicious treats that you have sent, I appreciate them and I appreciate all that you do for me now and in the past and in the future even! The other random missionary in the last picture is Elder Larson and he comes down on Mondays to practice yo yo and Kung Fu with us.
 
 Have a good week Love you all, 
 
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment