Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

 Hey!
 
 Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear MOOOOM, happy birthday to you!
 
 So this week a little slow, I started to get sick on Wednesday night with a cold and then it just got progressively worse, so I'm still recovering from it but I am feeling alot better now. It just really slowed us down, and it really frustrated me because I'm so used to always doing something and when I was sick we weren't able to move at the same pace that we normally do, we had to slow down! I had to take a nap on Thursday because that was when I was feeling the worst. I couldn't understand why I got sick or why I wasn't getting better because we had so many appointments that we had set and I didn't want to have Elder Williams do everything by himself, that's not right. But then the weirdest thing happened because one by one all of the appointments cancelled usually that's not a good thing, but in this case it was because it gave me that time that I needed to get good enough to work hard again. I was thinking about it today, and I think it's really cool how Heavenly Father always is aware of how we are feeling, and he always gives us his help when we need it.
 
 Before I got sick on Wednesday we were having a really good week though, Elder Williams and I are working hard to find new investigators to teach, going out and finding people is really fun. I really like seeing the different people's reaction to our message. We started to work more in the Tswwassen area, 
Palm trees in Vancouver
which is the southern part of out area a little bit before Point Roberts, it's a really nice town and a completely different feel from Richmond. Tswwassen is more slow and it has more of a small town feel and it really reminds me of home, where Richmond is a fast pace city, so it's different I like both places very much, I also like having a change in atmosphere once in a while, like a fresh new start. But yeah it's really cool because on the main street in Tswwassen they have Palm trees growing it's really cool because it reminded me of when we went to Carolina. We have been working with the members more here as well, and it has been really paying off, there is a lady at church who has been bringing her friend to church for the past few Sundays and it turns out that she has been reading the Book of Mormon with him. So last Sunday she came up to us and asked if it would be okay we started coming over to her home and teaching her friend. We said yes! I just think it's so cool how some members really step it up and exercise their faith. When Heavenly Father sees that kind of faith he really blesses us and the joy that receive from those blessings is incredible!
 
 Camala also came to church again so this was her second time attending church she is still doing really well, she was one of the appointments that got cancelled when I got sick, but it's still really great that she came to church. This week she stayed the whole three hours, and that it such a big step! I know for some people three hours can be a really long time. So she went to relief society and after church was over we went up to her and asked her what she thought and she said that she loved it and that she had a great time. One of the things about the church that really impressed her the most was the church welfare program. The church is such a blessing and it truly is the Kingdom of God on the earth! The church's humanitarian program really
helps out so many people which I think is great.
 
 It's really weird because President Nelson is going to be finishing his mission soon, he goes home in June and then the new mission President (President Tileman) will be coming in. I'm excited to see what happens, I think it will be good to have a fresh new President who is pumped up and ready to do missionary work! I am grateful for President Nelson also for the great example that he is, for the contribution that he has made to the missionary work in this area. It's going to be sad to see him go because he's a really great guy, and he's really funny. But everyone has to go home sometime.
 
 But I am really excited to talk to you guys on Sunday. Probably the best time to talk would be around 1:00 here which is 4:00 at home because we have church from 9:30-12:30. So let me know if that would be good.
  
 Hope you have a good day! I'm so excited to talk to everyone! 


Love you
 
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment