Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blessed With Opportunities To Teach The Gospel

Hi everybody!
 
 Sorry I didn't get to write you guys yesterday it was a hectic day! This past week in Richmond has been great! Elder Williams and I are being blessed with people to teach, sometimes I feel like we are being too blessed because we spend so much time in the office. Heavenly Father always helps us out! It really humbles me, I am grateful for all the opportunities we have been blessed with to learn and grow from!


Thats Kameron with a K
  A few weeks ago we started teaching the friend of one of the primary kids in our ward. It's so funny because the primary kids name is Jimmy and he just turned nine, but Elder Williams and I were just at the doors greeting everyone on Sunday when Jimmy came up to us and said hey Elders I want you to start teaching my friend from school. So Elder Williams and I just looked at each other and we said cool, we didn't think anything would really come of it. But then the next Monday we got a call from Jimmy's mom and she invited us over to their family home evening, so we went and to our surprise Jimmy invited his friend to come, his name is Tyrel. Teaching Tyrel has been really different because he is the first child that I actually taught my whole mission, and it really hit me while we were teaching him that we can learn so much from children. I remember I heard talks in this past general conference but I didn't really think much of it, but the thing that sticks out most to me is how sincere Tyrel is and how he has this natural sense of what is right and wrong. We asked him if you could ask God 1 thing for what would it be? He said to listen more to others because he's never really been good at that. Just seeing how humble he was a willing to change, I think I'm learning more from him that he's learning from us because he's so cool already.
 
 Also this week we met with Ethan Stuart, he's been investigating since Christmas that's when the missionaries found him. He's a really nice guy, Elder Williams and I are pretty much the same age as he is so when we talk it's more of a discussion about the gospel and how it can help us in our lives.

 He's been having a really hard time committing himself to the gospel fully because he's been really distracted with school and with friends, so hopefully now that summer break is around the corner he will be able to spend more time figuring out for himself if the church is true or not! But he's a really nice guy and he's so smart! He's studying to become an engineer at the University of British Columbia. 

 We also met with Camilla again this week, and she's doing so GOOD! Last week when we met with her we asked her to read 3 Nephi, and then when we went to see her this week she told us that she read all the way to the end of the Book of Mormon and now she started reading Doctrine and Covenants. It's so cool though because she is so prepared and she is so accepting of all the things that we talk about. In our last lesson we talked about Repentance and why we all need to repent, then we invited her to come to church and she came. She said that she really enjoyed it and that she felt good. It really makes me feel good when I can see how the gospel changes people. With Camilla she has this strong desire to grow closer to God and she told us that when we come over to her house that she feels peaceful. When the spirit is there for our lessons it helps so much, and it's especially important because it's the spirit that truly converts people and helps them gain their own testimony.

 So this has been a really good week for me, and I feel that I have learned alot as I looked at myself trying to figure out what it is that I'm lacking, or what is stopping me from committing myself 100% whole heartedly. When we are humble and open our hearts to Heavenly Father that's when he teaches us. If we allow ourselves to be humble then Heavenly Father can shape us into the servants who he wants us to become and to fulfill our full potential. 

 We finished the DVD last week and now we're working on making it available online, Elder Williams is building the website, so that should be done by this week. But the main thing that we're planning now is how to get the whole mission united in one cause, using the mormon.org website. So to do that we're sending out a Senior couple Elder and Sister Fillmore and they will go to all the areas in the mission and have a fireside presenting what mormon.org is and how to use it. I'm excited because I think mormon.org is such a great resource and it's a really easy way for us to share the gospel with our friends. Elder Williams and I use it all the time when we're contacting people. I think the part I like most about it though is all the video's because they are all about different people but every video has a spiritual side to it, and you can really feel the spirit in each person's testimony.

 This week is looking like it's going to be a good week too, everyone in Vancouver is excited about the Canucks but apparently they're not doing that good too bad, and that's so sweet that you guys all had a good time in Plattsburgh I miss going there with you guys, but that's okay because I will be there in 2 more years haha! Missionary work is great though and it's so worth the sacrifice, my testimony has grown so much as well as my understanding of the gospel. I know that whenever we make sacrifices for the Lord that we are always blessed in a great abundance!

 I hope everyone has a good week! Oh and we need to figure out what were doing on Mothers Days because we're allowed to Skype so I don't know if you want to do that or you would rather I just call.

Love you

Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment