Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back to full time missionary work

Hey Mom and Dad,

 It was good to get your letter and it's ok that you didn't write last week I guess you guys were pretty busy! It's good to hear that everything is going well and that everyone is enjoying their summer break. So I've back to being a full time proselyting missionary! WOW I forgot how much I love talking to people all the time it's great! Burnaby is an awesome area, on Sunday we had a baptism with Jay Singh he's 18 years old and it's crazy because he started to meet with missionaries a little over a month ago and he already has been baptized! He's a really nice guy I was really happy that he made the decision to be baptized!

 Burnaby is very different from Richmond because Burnaby is so much more multicultural. In Richmond there was Asian people everyone because Asians are about 65% of Richmond's population, while in Burnaby there are people from Africa, India, South America Italy, France and many Canadians. We have some way solid investigators too, they have a sincere desire to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ and take into their hearts the message. So that really helps too the Lord truly is preparing his people here. My new companion's name is Elder Clarke, he's from St. George Utah, so I think he is my 3rd companion from Utah and already I've been with 7 different companions!
  
 I know that there are going to miracles here in Burnaby I can feel it! I'm going to give it my all and put my trust in Heavenly Father and he will take care of the rest! I was sad to leave Richmond though, because there were some investigators there that I got to be pretty close with, especially since I was in Richmond for 4 1/2 months, but it good because since we were there longer our investigators opened up to us much more and they trusted us. But I know that it's not us that truly helps people but it's Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the spirit that truly change people's lives.

 In the next few weeks all missionaries in the area are going to be given portable DVD players so that we can learn from the Preach My Gospel DVD's, I think it's sooo cool! Especially since I learn things and they stay with me so much more when I watch rather than when I read in a book or something like that. But I'm really excited because I know that watching them will really help us improve so that we can help our investigators even more.

 I'm so grateful for the companionship of the spirit that we have on our missions. It helps us teach so MUCH! This week an investigator asked a pretty hard question that I never even heard of in my entire life, but out of nowhere an idea came to my mind what to talk about and so I started to speak and it was as if I wasn't even speaking. One thing that I noticed is that when we have the spirit with us when we teach, our investigators learn when they feel the spirit and we learn from the spirit as well.
Elders Lahache and Williams with Camala
 So our new mission President came in today, his name is President Middleton, I haven't met him yet I don't think we'll be seeing him any time soon either he's going to be supper busy. We might see him next week though because we're going into Richmond next Monday to learn Kung Fu! Richmond is only about 20 minutes away from Burnaby if that, I think it's so funny because I can go to every single area that I've served on my mission in less that an hour drive! But I'm excited to work with President Tillman, I'm sure he'll do an awesome job!

 So you can still send packages to the U.S. Address I'll have the office call us when we get it and I'll probably go pick it up on our next p-day because Richmond isn't very far. From Harry & David's ummm I'll take some of those sweet chips and mix! That would be sweet! We get alot of desserts from members here so our fridge is like full of different desserts, so I should be ok without the cookies. I can't really think of anything else that I need....actually a new pair of pants would be good, I don't know how I do it but I'm wrecking alot of my pants and then I got and fix them. But there is this one pair that is beyond repair! I don't know how this happens, I mean I went to Loyola wearing a suit everyday and nothing ever happened to my clothes! But on my mission so much of my clothes are getting wrecked, it's crazy!

 So yeah I forgot to bring my camera this week because I'm so used to having my camera with me at the office. But I sent you a picture of Me, Elder Williams, and Camala the day before I left Richmond.
 Have a good week!

 Love you
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment