Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, December 12, 2011

Staying In Burnaby !

Hello everyone!
 
 So I have big news, as everyone knows last week was transfers, now we all now that I wasn't expecting to be transferred. However We also know that President Tilleman is known to be unpredictable. This transfer was crazy, there were many changes in the mission the Vancouver Zone (the zone that I'm currently in was divided into two zones). Plus 20 new missionaries arrived, as a result many new areas have been opened. So just so you know, we did get a call from President Tilleman on Transfer calls night. Turns out that...... I am .......staying in Burnaby! Elder McGahan got transferred to Vancouver YSA, and I received a new companion. His name is Elder Henderson and he is from Bountiful Utah! So I've been in Burnaby since June, but all the members in the ward are happy that I'm staying here for Christmas.
 
 So this week was crazy! Thursday was transfers, so we went to Richmond and I picked up my new companion, it was the biggest transfer that we had in a really long time, almost the whole mission was there for transfer lunch! It was nice to see many of my mission friends. We got to our area later that night and Elder Henderson and I decided that we would go out and do some street contacting. 


So we were walking around and I saw this one man in the corner of my eye and he had his hood up and headphones on and at first I thought that he wouldn't be too interested to talk to him. Just as I was about to pass him by, I got this impression, you need to talk to this guy. So I stopped called him from across the street and told him that we wanted to talk with him. At first he looked at us like we were crazy, and then he said you know I'm in a hurry right, and I said no problem we can walk with you. So we started to talk with him about what he believed and how God has made an impact on his life. He just completely opened up to us, it was really cool to see, then he paused and just asked us randomly, so what's going through your mind right now I'm sure you thinking about what your going to say to me. I just turned to him and I said honestly nothing, I'm just concentrating on what you saying so I will be able to understand you! He thought that was really cool and he said that he respected us because we were doing that. Then he continued walking and showed us to his home and he said he never does that with people but he felt that he would be able to trust us. So we talked with him for a few more minutes and got his phone number and told him we would be giving him a call soon. It was cool because it helped me to me to understand the importance of listening. When we really listen to people because we love them they open up to us and the spirit can be there.

 Also on Saturday Elder Henderson and I attended our ward Christmas party, which was cool. We had over 200 people show up it was a great success, there were so many non members there so Elder Henderson and I were so busy talking with everyone we barely even had time to eat. We also had the chance to sing a song, we Elder Henderson and I sang Oh Holy Night, it was great!
 
 So I also forgot to tell you last week that in our apartment we have a legit Christmas setup, we have a legit Christmas tree, with a legit electric fireplace, legit stockings and sweet Christmas music that we play every morning! I'll have to send you a picture to show you what it looks like. I keep forgetting to, then we get to that library and I always tell myself I'll remember for next week. But I'll get it to you. Crazy to think that in less than two weeks it's going to be Christmas right?! We need to start talking about when I'm going to be calling home, should I call Doda's like I did last year? We might be able to do video calls again, not sure yet but I will tell you as we get more details.
 
 The Christmas season is really opening doors to us, and we're planning on working all day Christmas too! I figure I have the rest of my life to relax and be with family on Christmas day, but this is my last Christmas as a missionary so I want to make the best of my time!
 
Dad I read your talk it's awesome! I wish I could have been there to see it. Thank you for sending it to me though. We have such an awesome family, I tell the missionaries here all the time and everyone wants to come and meet you all when I get back. Especially this one missionary names Elder Cielo he's one of the Spanish missionaries that live with us in our apartment!
 
Hope everyone at home is enjoying the Christmas season!
 
 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment