Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Great Week

 Hey everyone!
 
 This week was great! I am so humbled and blessed with all that is happening in the mission as well as in the area. This past week the Elders in Vancouver YSA, had a baptism! I was so happy and proud of them, the spirit was there in the meeting with us and we all felt the Spirit testify that this is the gate we all must enter to begin our journey back to our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is through him and his love that we can return to our Heavenly Father.
 
 We had a really good week, we were so busy just doing our best to arrive to all our appointments on time. On Saturday we were privileged with an opportunity to meet with Elder Richard G. Maynes again! He visited the mission a little over 6 months ago and now he is our new area President. It was great to be able to stand in front of him and know that we as a mission applied that counsel that he gave to us 6 months ago. The mission as a whole really changed when he came, as a result Heavenly Father has been pouring an abundance of blessings upon the mission. Last month the mission as a whole had 30 baptisms! That has only happened a handful of times in the past 10 years. Now half way through March it is looking like we are going to reach 30 again if not more! I am really excited to see the miracles that are happening here, and even more humbled for the opportunity it is for me to involved in this wonderful work.
 
We got to meet with Krassimiere again this week. He's as awesome as ever, he is so humble and teachable, it almost seems to easy to teach him just because of how accepting of everything he is! We taught him the message of the restoration this past week and he said himself that it was necessary for the Gospel to be restored through Joseph Smith! It strengthened my testimony to hear him say that and I felt the spirit once again testify to me that this work is true. I am grateful for the spirit in case I haven't gotten that message across in the past. I don't know where I would be or how I would work without it, it is such an essential part of this work.



I am confident that Krassimiere will be baptized in April, our goal is for him to be baptized on April 7th. He is solid and continues to come to church every Sunday, in our last lesson we asked him where he was in his reading of the Book of Mormon. He told us that he was up to Lehi's vision then he started to tell us about it and his understanding was prefect. He explained everything clearly as if he had studied it several times before, we testified to him that the spirit was teaching him as he read. 

 I had to opportunity to speak with President Tilleman this week, he is doing well and he has asked me to thank all those who have prayed and fasted for him. He has made a full recovery and is currently going through rehabilitation. I am grateful for the power of the Priesthood which allows us to pronounce blessings of healing. I know that the Priesthood is real, and that we must always be worthy to hold it
 
 This work is wonderful, I feel so blessed to be a servant of my Father in Heaven. The Gospel of Jesus Christ does bring people lasting happiness, that happiness will last forever if we endure to the end. Throughout my mission I have come to understand our Savior's love. I testify that he lives, that he loves us and that he has again called a Prophet to lead and guide us in these the latter days. Our Heavenly Father is a God of order and he is the same yesterday, today and forever. I testify that through the power of Jesus Christ's atonement we can be forgiven of our sins, we will be given the power and strength to overcome all opposition that we are faced with in this life. I know that is true. As I've humbled myself and have prayed for guidance from my Heavenly Father, he listens and in his time answers.
 
The work is growing, miracles are happening in the mission. I know that as we continue to exercise faith that all things are possible with God.
 
 Hope you all have a great day and a fantastic week.
 
Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment