Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Weeks Are Just Passing By

Hey everyone!
 
 We emailed really early last week and we are again. It's eaiser to do email first thing in the morning because then we have the rest of the day to do everything we need to. Pday's are just as busy as a regular day! I honestly didn't think it was going to be like that when I first started my mission, but that's the way it is!
 
 Elder Henderson had a chance to meet with Krassimiere this week while I was on exchange with the Vancouver Elders. Krassimiere has set a baptismal date for April 7th! I'm really excited for him, he's very humble and teachable and everyone in the ward loves him! I knew that he was going to be baptised since the first day we met him at Aram (member's son) baptism. He talked with us about how he felt unclean and that he wanted to be baptised again so that he could have a fresh start. From what Elder Henderson tells me the appointment went really well and Krass is doing so good. When they asked him to be baptised on April 7th he was shocked because his father died one year ago on April 6th. He says that he knows this is the say that Heavenly Father wants him to be baptised. While he was praying he said he was grateful that we were there to help him and he was grateful that he was able to feel the Spirit. Missionary work is wonderful, it's amazing to help others come unto Christ. It's amazing to see the changes that the Gospel brings to people.
 
 The weeks just keep on going by faster and faster, I mean it just seems like yesterday I wrote you guys. The work in Burnaby is going well. I'm really excited for General Conference though, it's going to be great. We're so blessed to have modern Prophets and Apostles speak to us.
 
 So to answer you questions as to what I need. I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. I don't need contacts I should be good on those untill the end of my mission. But I will need more when I get back. I will go to pick up those photos when I get a chance this week. We're always right near that Wal-Mart now because it's right next to one of the major skytrain stations. I have not hear anything back from Concordia yet, it's been almost a month so I would think we are going to be hearing something soon. It's good to hear that Ma is okay. I'll continue to pray for her.
 
 I am very grateful for the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. I rely on the testimonies that are in it when we teach, and when we do use it the spirit always bears testimony that what we are reading is true. I know that anyone who prays about it can recieve an answer from the Holy Ghost confirming to them that it is the word of God and the he has again called a Prohpet in the earth.
 
We recieved a refferal from a missionary who is serving his mission in the philipines but lives in Burnaby. His whole family is Catholic execpt for him. We went over and knocked on the door and when the dad opened he smiled. It was nice because the family was very welcoming and it stood as a witness to me that serving a mission blesses our families as well as those who we care for while we're here. I'm very grateful for my mission. It's made me such a better person. I know that the Gospel is the way for us to find happiness while were here, and if we follow the Gospel Heavenly Father has promised us that we can be with our families forever. I know that it's true and is made possible through Jesus Christ.
 
This week is looking good again, conference is going to be awesome. The weather last weekend was amazing, not a single cloud in the sky. I hope it will be like that again this week, so far it's not looking like that though, it's raining as we speak.
 
Have a great week, and a good time in Platsburgh, it's wierd to think I will be there for next year.
 
 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment