Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, May 21, 2012

I Love My Missionary Experience

Hello everyone!

 Well last week seemed to just fly by as well. The mission office called me too this past week and let me know that August 15th is when I would be flying back. It was one of the weirdest phone calls on my mission. They basically just asked about information at home and how they would be able to reach you.

 Elder Larsen and I feel so incredibly blessed! We are seeing miracles happen in our area as well as throughout the mission of which we are both grateful for! This upcoming Sunday is going to be the day the Josh gets baptized! We're so excited for him, Elder Larsen and I were talking with Elder and Sister Sterner (The senior couple in Prince George) yesterday, and we just marveled at the changes that he has and continues to make in his life because of his love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful blessing the Gospel is. I have a testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people, as the spirit confirms to them the truth of the Gospel added light comes into that persons life that was not there before. It truly is a miracle to be involved in this experience.

 The Medina family also had to opportunity to come up to Prince George because Omar (14 year old son) was participating in various track and field events. He won every single event that he was participating. I remember the first time that we went and visited the Medina family, Sister Median invited Omar to say an opening prayer to our meeting and Omar declined the invitation because he wasn't sure about how to pray. Since then we've been blessed with opportunities to teach the families and strengthen their faith. Elder Larsen and I have noticed the change that has been happening in their family. Before Omar's last event he was warming up and getting ready for the race, then suddenly he stood firm on the ground with his legs spread shoulder length apart. He crossed his arms and bow his head. When Elder Larsen and I saw this sudden change we both looked at each other and smiled because we both knew what he was doing, praying. After his race we had a moment to ask him what he did before the race. We asked him if he prayed and he smiled and confidently said yes! It's wonderful to see testimonies grow, and nothing has brought me more happiness in my entire life than helping people understand their relationship with our Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ.

 Transfers are this week, calls were Sunday and Elder Larsen and I are staying together in Prince George for another transfer. I'm so excited for that, I know that as we continue to work hard and put our trust in Heavenly Father that we'll continue to be instruments in his hands, and see miracles in our area!

 I hope everyone has a good week! and had a good time camping too!

 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment