Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Amazing week

Hey everyone!

Wow, what a week it was here. We had a spiritually uplifting zone conference, the messages which we received were inspired through the Holy Ghost. I know that as we apply what we've learned that our area will continue to move forward. I'm just so excited to be serving in Prince George at this time, the field is truly white here and we're doing our best to harvest as much as we can. We are constantly being blessed and finding amazing people who are prepared and ready to make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father! It's exciting it's wonderful and I LOVE IT!

So for mother's day, I can't believe it's practically here it seems like it was just yesterday that we talked! We have church here from 1-4 here and I was planning on calling after church. So probably around 7:30, back home. We'll have about an hour so that means we should wrap up around 8:30! If that doesn't work you can call the mission office and they will forward the message to me. I'll be calling Doda's house.

This week literally zipped by, I loved having zone conference and it was great having President Tilleman come up North, he hasn't been here for a while apparently. All the missionaries were really excited to see him! It's really a miracle that he's still here, he was telling us at zone conference that when he suffered his injury that it was really serious. Many of the doctors look at what happened and they shake their heads because he shouldn't be walking right now! Let me tell you he does much more than just walk to, it added to my testimony in the power that faith has to heal and also in Priesthood blessings. If anything this experience has made the mission that much better. President Tilleman always had faith that we would continue to work hard even when he wasn't there, and that's exactly what we did. We've matured as a mission and we're continuing to push forward. We're becoming more effective teachers who understand what our role is as missionaries, which is to point people toward our Heavenly Father through our Savior Jesus Christ. It really is a privilege to be able to serve and I am grateful for my testimony which allows me to bring in the spirit into lessons to touch the hearts of those we teach.

Earlier this week we received a call from one of our investigators, Brother Smith (we call our investigators brother or sister it's LEGIT!) he told us about one of his friends that he wanted us to start teaching. He invited us over and we went. We bore powerful testimony of the Power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how through Jesus Christ we can overcome any tribulation or personal problem that we face in life. As we were teaching the district impression came into my mind. INVITE HIM TO BE BAPTIZED! Always have to follow what the spirit tells you and he said yes. Isn't awesome how the spirit can communicate with us these things! I am so grateful for the spirit because without it I wouldn't be able to help people come unto Christ! There is no other way to do missionary work. You have to be obedient, work hard and follow the spirit. Brother Smith referring us to his friend also gives us insights that he feels the joy that comes from living the Gospel. It's amazing to be a part of miracles like this daily!

We didn't get a chance to go down to Valemount this past weekend, we are planning on going this upcoming Friday and returning Saturday night. Elder Larsen and I are excited to get back out there. Raquel is progressing and she's been reading the Book of Mormon.

It's really exciting to hear that Lasalle ward is working hard and even more wonderful to hear that Heavenly Father has blessed us with 4 baptisms in May! That's wonderful.

I continue to think about all the has been accomplished on my mission. I know that it is only through the strength that I've received from my Heavenly Father that I've been able to work miracles. Heavenly Father gives me strength when I feel that I can't work anymore, it's incredible and it's wonderful to be involved in this work. It brings me so much joy to see people change, it makes me happy to make my brothers and sister happy. I am grateful for the Atonement which makes it all possible.

I'm really excited to talk to everyone on Sunday!

Have a great week!
Love you guys!

Elder Kameron Lahache
>

No comments:

Post a Comment