Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, June 4, 2012

On The Road Again

Hello everyone!

 What a wonderful week it has been for Elder Larsen and myself. We were blessed both spiritually and temporally. This past weekend we were able to make a trip out to Valemount, it has been a while since we've been able to visit Valemount and the wonderful families there. As we were driving there and back we saw a total of 6 bears, 3 Moose and several deer, it was really cool. I never realized how big moose are, they're actually huge! We also had a chance to bring Josh with us. It was such a blessing to have him and for him to bear his testimony, he has come such a long way and ever since he was baptized last week he's been doing everything he could to have the spirit with him always.

 After his baptism last Sunday Elder Larsen and I were in an appointment and when we got out we noticed that we received a text from Josh and this is what it said. "Elders, I just want to thank you for being here for me in my greatest time of need, for being my stone of unwavering faith and dedication to the Lord. You two shall forever remain in my thoughts and in my prayers long after you have finished your missions and returned home to start families of you own. I feel complete now like there was a hole in my soul that could only be filled by bringing myself closer to the Lord. A hole that is now filled with the Spirit." As a read that text a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants came to my mind, it was the one that says that there are those who are kept from the truth only because they know not where to find. Josh was looking for the truth for a long time and he said that when he came to church that he felt the Spirit really powerfully. Heavenly Father has been preparing Josh, because he came to us already knowing how to recognize the Spirit in his life. I know that the Lord led him to us, I know that he answers the prayers of the righteous as we do all that we can to fulfill our prayers to him.

 We had a chance to meet the Medina family again, they're still as warm and as welcoming as they have always been. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has led us to them. We finished teaching Raquel the remainder of the lessons, she had her baptismal interview so now she is prepped and ready to be baptized! Omar had a provincial track tournament down in Burnaby this week, so he and Brother Medina left, which is why we brought Josh with us. It was a great experience, Valemount is still an awesome place! Is there any other registration that needs to get done for school?

 Today we are going to be heading down to Richmond around 4:30 and then we have meetings in Richmond all day tomorrow. Then on Thursday to Friday we are going to be going on exchange in Vanderhoof. Vanderhoof is a small town but it has two wards in it, we'd be walking around the
 streets and half the people there are members. It's a funny feeling.

 The Gospel of Jesus Christ is wonderful! How blessed we are to have modern Apostles and Prophets who stand as special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation which we have, we know that our families can be together forever. We know that as we are obedient to the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel that we will return to live with our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, which makes it possible for us to make our weaknesses strengths. I know that with the grace of Jesus Christ we beyond our own natural capacity! We have all this wonderful knowledge available to us!

 Missionary work is the best work! I am grateful for the opportunity that I've been blessed with to serve. I know that when we put Heavenly Father first in our lives he will take care of us.

 Have a great week everyone!

 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment