Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 4 Langley BC

Hello Everyone !!!!!!


Wow it feels like it's been a really long time since I last wrote and I've been dying to write all of the amazing events and changes that have happened even in these past few days. Ok but first I have to tell you that I forgot my camera at the apartment so I won't be able to send any pictures this week I'm sorry! I was in the apartment this morning and I kept on saying to myself I can't forget the camera, but I did! So I'm really sorry

 So I arrived in Vancouver on Monday around 12:15 and I got through security really quick in less than 10 mins actually and I waited for everyone else to get their Visas for about 3 hours! So then we met our mission president and his wife, President and Sister Nelson and they are really nice. We stayed in the mission home overnight and the next day we were introduced to our companions.

 My new companion is Elder May and he's from Kansas I'm not sure what part of Kansas though. He's a really great and spiritual missionary he's been out on his mission for almost 2 years I think he only has 2 tranfers left.

 We've been really busy the first area I'm serving in is called Langley but more specifically the Brookswood area, and guess what? Our chapel is right across from the temple so we get to see it all the time! It's so nice, but we don't get to go in it while we're on our mission only the week before we leave to come home do we get to go in. I think it's like that because they don't rent any clothes out at that temple. But you never know what might change in 2 years. Ok so the address for my apartment where I am at now is 21633 50B Avenue Langley, B.C. V3A 8B9. So let everyone know of that if they want to send letters. 

 Elder May and I have been really busy, we have at least 6 appointments a day, so we're always on the move. But there are a few people who I really like who we are teaching. There is  this one man and his name is Peter and he lives in the hospital, like the hospital in town when I was doing my 24 hour service project for high school. But Peter has bee living in the hospital for a few months now and we go and visit him alot. He's a tough investigator and he say's he enjoys giving us a hard time almost as much as he enjoys our visits. But he's really great we're trying really hard to get him to understand what the great apostasy is. Because he's Catholic and so he thought that God's authority was always on the earth since Christ. So yesterday we were talking about that with him again. And I just felt that I should share with him Moroni 10:3-5 where Moroni promises that if we pray with real intent to God that he will answer our prayers. So hopefully he will receive an answer to his prayers Elder May and I have been praying for him alot. 

 We had this really amazing experience yesterday. Elder May and I were tracting and we felt that we should be doing something else. So we got out our cell phone and starting calling all the inactive members on our list that we had. So we called up this lady named Lianne and she sounded like she was having a hard time. We asked if it would be alright if we came over and visited her home. She said that it would be great for us to come as soon as possible. So we went over, and it turns out that this family has been feeling negative feelings in their house and they wanted us to bless their home. So before we did we shared a scripture with them and when we read it I could just see the happiness that it brought the whole family. I've never seen anyone react to the scriptures like they did and it really made me see just how wonderful the scriptures are and how they can bring us peace and comfort. After we finished reading we left them with a prayer and blessed their home as we prayed. I really felt the spirit as we prayed inside of me and all around me too. So it was really an awesome experience.

 I hope that everyone is having a great Labour day I wish I could be there with everyone at home, because I really miss everyone. But there is work here for me to do

Love 
Elder Lahache 

No comments:

Post a Comment