Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 10 And 2 New Companions !


HI everyone!
 
This week has been great!.  This week we had transfers and Elder May left, so I'm still in the same area and I have 2 new companions again! I don't know what it is I guess it's just my luck that I'm in another threesome again. So my new companions names are Elder Hayes and Elder Zebley . Elder Hayes is from New Brunswick and Elder Zebley is from Pennsylvania near Philadelphia he said. I'm so happy be to be with them, they so fun to be with and we all get along really well. Elder Zebley is only going to be with us for about two weeks because his new companion got stuck at the MTC for at least another 2 weeks! So when his companion gets back that's when he will return to his area. It's been a nice change though to get a new companion, plus we all work really well together so it's helping so much.
 
So this week has been crazy we had a million appointments because Elder May is leaving and everyone wanted to see him, we've been having a D.A. pretty much everyday now, it's awesome. Plus Elder Hayes is a pretty big guy, so when I told him that we usually don't have D.A.'s he said that has to change so I think that's pretty funny. So now I'm the senior companion of the area already! It's weird because both Elder Zebley and Elder Hayes have both been on their missions longer than I have, but I guess it's because I know the area more. I don't want to be a guy who just bosses around the other missionaries though, I want them to help in some of the choices that we make like who will we visit today and what we should teach. That's something Elder May never really did with me and it annoyed me because I felt like I was giving no input. So unity is basically what I want to accomplish.
 
On Thursday I went and I dropped off Elder May at the mission office, and while I was there President Nelson wanted to meet with me. Just to check up on how I've been doing. In the meeting he said he feels that I should pray about the Book of Mormon to know that it's true. I had no idea why he felt prompted to tell me that because I already had a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. But I figured why not? It will only strengthen my testimony. So I began to pray and ask, I was expecting to feel the spirit while I was praying or reading as a response but that never came so I thought what the heck? I'm doing everything I did before to gain a testimony before why isn't this working? I thought about it alot, and I kept reading and praying. So one morning for personal study I was reading in D&C section 6 I read this and I was amazed.
 
14 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast ainquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.
  15 Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy amind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been benlightened by the cSpirit of truth;
  16 Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that aknowest thy thoughts and the bintents of thy cheart.
  17 I tell thee these things as a witness unto thee—that the words or the work which thou hast been writing are atrue.
  18 Therefore be diligent; astand by my bservant Joseph, faithfully, in whatsoever difficult circumstances he may be for the word’s sake.

After I read that I felt the spirit so strong. It was like God was talking to me directly as I was reading that. My testimony has been strengthened so much by this experience. I know that God answers our prayers through scriptures, that our leaders are truly inspired of God. Especially that prayers are not always answered the way that we want them to be answered, but the way the we need to be answered at this point in our lives. Just reading that and feeling the spirit made me want to share what I know to be true even more. 

This church is truly a blessing for all of us it gives us strength and the faith that we need to go forward in life and be happy as we do the best we can to live that commandments that Heavenly Father has given us. It's weird because I'm on my mission to help people gain testimonies and come unto Christ and feel his love. But at the same time my faith is growing so much everyday, and my testimony is becoming so much stronger that it has ever been in my life.
 
Anyway I have to go because my time on this computer is about up. Thanks for your prayers they're really helping me out I feel it. I love everyone at home so much! I miss you too haha and it's only been about 2 months oh well. This experience so far has been great I'm so grateful for the chance that I have to be a missionary and all of the wonderful people that I meet.
 
Have a good week! Love you! <3 AWWWWWW :)
 
Kameron
 

No comments:

Post a Comment