Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 8 Langley BC


HI! everyone!
 
Well first I would like to start off by saying that General Conference was awesome! I learned so much and was even humbled by some of the talks that were given. Especially during the Priesthood session. I got two main points from all the talks which were. 1. To be obedient, and fight away temptation, which is especially important as a missionary and 2. To be grateful for what we have, and realize that everything that we have is a blessing from Heavenly Father. Such an amazing conference I really felt blessed and privileged to live in a time where we have a modern prophet who leads and guides us so that we may be happy in this life and be with our family forever!
 
Something funny happened this week but the experience strengthened my testimony. So I think it was on Wednesday or Thursday I don't know all the days kinda just blur together now! Anyway there was this other companionship of missionaries that called us (Elder Salmon and Elder Newton, who was with me at the MTC) and said that they had locked themselves out of their car and they needed us to come and help them by bringing them a wire hanger. So we did and we got there, and we spent almost 15 mins trying to get it to work. Finally Elder Salmon said that we should pray. So I went to the other side of my road and said a prayer that somehow we would find a way to open the door so that we may get back to our apartment in time to do our nightly planning session, because it would around 8:30. So we again start trying it, and no luck. But then a car pulls in across the road into his driveway, and a man gets out sees that we are having a difficult time and comes over and asks if he can help we said yes. So within 5 mins this guy had the car unlocked for us. It wasn't until later that I realized that this man was an answer to our prayers, and that Heavenly Father works through us, everyday people. It really helped me to see that I being called as a missionary will be that person that comes and helps people when they need it the most. I think it's just awesome how God works and answers our prayers, as long as we pray in faith.
 
Our investigators are doing alright Betty has a really hard time with Coffee so we set a goal where she drinks less a less every week so hopefully that will help. Gaviel kind of dropped us, he said it was too hard for him to accept what we believe because of how he was raised in what to believe his whole life. But he still wanted us to come over and pray with him occasionally. But that's ok, as long as we help these people in anyway we can and make them feel of God's love that's what matters most to me. I won't let these little things discourage me, because I could be alot worse and be like Alma when he went and taught in Ammonihah, and was completely rejected by the people. But even he was told to persist in teaching and then when he goes back to the city to teach again Amulek accepts and and Amulek becomes a great teacher to the rest of the people throughout the city and land.
 
The weather hasn't even been really that cold here at all. It's still usually 15-25 degrees, and it's been really sunny and warm for the past week. But the leaves are changing, alot of the people here tell me that all I will need for winter is a sweater, unless I got more up north, but the winters here are apparently a joke to how they are back home so we'll see. If I need anything I will let you know.
 
I'll talk to you again next week, have a good thanksgiving weekend this weekend
LOVE YOU!
Elder Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment