Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, March 21, 2011

Excited About Missionary Work!

Hi Everyone! 

 This week was really exciting! Yesterday Andrew came to church again, he is still doing awesome......so awesome that he's getting baptized next Sunday! I am so grateful for the opportunity to see him learn and grow in the gospel, teaching him has also helped strengthen my testimony that Heavenly Father truly does prepare people to hear the message of the restored gospel. Elder Williams and I are really excited for his baptism it's going to be held right after church on Sunday at 1:00 so everyone in the ward will be able to come to the baptism and support Andrew. He's read the whole Book of Mormon and he's already on the 104th section of the Doctrine and Covenants it just blows me away how quick he just flies through all the material that we give him. I'm so happy for him and the decision that he has made to be baptized. It's so cool because we didn't even have to be the ones who asked him to be baptized he asked us! He has such a pure heart and he he truly wants to do what Heavenly Father asks of him. I actually learned a lot from him, on Saturday we were helping a member move into a new apartment, turns out the apartment that the member was moving into was the same apartment complex that Andrew lived in. So we gave him at call and asked him if wanted to help and he did even though it was still a little early in the morning, he is so kind and willing to help. He'll be an awesome missionary too, and he wants to go on a mission because he's only 22 so he will be able to if he wants. It's so cool though because he's giving away copies of the Book of Mormon to his friends and his family. I was thinking about it yesterday and I finally started to realize the real impact that we have on the lives of others. With Andrew being baptized it will affect his family and his friends which will affect their friends and family and it just goes on continually like a ripple effect. I know a little bit now how Shawn must feel with me being on a mission. It's truly humbling to experience.
 
St. Patricks Day at the office.
 Two Irishmen and a Mohawk 
 Being in the office is really fun, we are about half way through completion of the mormon.org movie. It is becoming more and more of a training video than anything because that is what President Nelson is asking us to do. It's funny because we spend so much time with President Nelson now that we are in office at least 2-3 times a week, which is way more than most missionaries ever see him. He is nearing the end of his mission and a new mission president is coming at the end of June, it will be different to see the changes that happen but I am excited for those changes and I'm also excited to get to know the new mission president as well. I'm not sure if I told you or not but remember that temple DVD that we finished working on a few weeks ago, well apparently, they're sending it to Salt Lake because the temple department would like to see it. 


 That is really crazy for me to even think about I never in a million years thought that our video would be that big of a deal. So we'll wait and see to see what happens with that.
 
 We are going to be heading out to America this Friday, to start teaching a members husband and Elder Williams an I are way excited to teach him. We are really excited because the ward is getting excited about missionary work too, because of Andrew being baptized, I think it's so funny once members get a taste of how strong missionary work
can bring in the spirit they just want to do it even more!
 

Fresh Julep delivered By Christian Perras!
Merci mon ami!


 Oh and I just got a call from Christian and I'm going to see him at 12:00
 
 Take care, I love you all Have a good week and your all in my prayers
 
 Love
 Elder Kameron Lahache
 

No comments:

Post a Comment