Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Awsome Service Opportunity


 Hey Mom and Dad!

 I forgot to answer some of your questions last week so I'll answer them now! I still haven't gotten the package that you guys sent from Lake George but it might be at the office. We're going to the mission office later today so if it's there I'll let you know right away!

 I was about to send you some sweet pictures that I was able to take BUT my camera battery is dead! So I'll maybe be able to send you some when we go to the office later, if not I will send them to you next week!

 So yeah you have to tell Colton that I said happy birthday!! "On July 19th! A hero will rise!" it's so crazy to think that he's already 14 years old! Drew is already 16 too! What the heck everyone is getting old.

 Elder Clarke and I have been so blessed this week! Heavenly Father is guiding us every step of the way! Burnaby is awesome I love it here. Being in the office really helped me to see how much of a blessing it is that we have to opportunity to do the Lord's work and be out speaking to people all the time. It was something that I honestly took for granted before and I didn't realize how much I missed being out and talking to people about the gospel before I came to Burnaby. We have been so blessed with the people that Heavenly Father has given us to teach! These people are awesome, they're solid! They're so close to making the next step to following Heavenly Father and being baptized. Louise is doing so good, she has been faithful in living the
word of wisdom ever since we talked about it with her. You can just see in her face how her testimony is growing more and more every time we come over. The gospel of Jesus Christ truly blesses his children's lives, he gives us strength through faith when we are obedient to the commandments he gives.

 Another one of our investigators who is Heru, he's from Indonesia where 90% of the population is Muslim, his wife Treyzia was baptized a few weeks before I arrived in Burnaby. Heru has been investigating the church for almost a year now, but when he first started to meet with missionaries he didn't believe in God or Jesus Christ, basically told us that he believed in science. But he came to church yesterday and bore his testimony, where he said that he knows that he has a Heavenly Father who knows and love him and that he sent Jesus Christ to atone for us. The spirit was there I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has given us the spirit so we can receive our own personal testimonies of our Heavenly Father. The only thing that is stopping Heru from getting baptized is that he wants to be sure that our church has the priesthood authority from God. So we encourage him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon as well as keep the commandments as well as come to church. I know his answer will come. I'm so excited and happy for him. Being a missionary is definitely the most fulfilling work I've ever done and it has helped make my testimony in the gospel rock solid!
 This week we got to go help out at a biking race that happens every year in Burnaby. It's called the Giro Di Burnaby (http://girodiburnaby.com/) it was really cool we helped out set up the track for the race and it was an awesome opportunity to serve the people here. We got to talk to so many people. If you go to this link http://girodiburnaby.com/giro-2011-race-videos/ watch the video's and you'll be able to see us standing right up against the fence. We're the guys that are wearing the florescent orange vests at 1:50 seconds into the video.

 Tell everyone that I love them! Have a great week!

 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment