Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blessed With New People To Teach

Hi everyone!
 
 I hope everyone had a fantastic week this week! I don't have much time today, so my letter is going to be a little shorter than usual.
 This week was another great wonderful week in Burnaby, we started teaching another two new investigators this week! Once again the Lord has truly blessed us as we came to him with humble hearts and faith in him. I'm so grateful that I can be used as an instrument in the Lord's hands and help make these people's lives better!
 
 We started teaching a man named Shawn, he is originally from Philadelphia and he moved here about 5-6 years ago! He's such a cool guy, another set of missionaries met him on the street last week, so we called and set up an appointment. When we went and visited him at his house the first thing that I noticed was that there was guitars everywhere! I was freaking out! I started asking him a million questions like how long he's been playing and what kind of music he plays and other stuff like that! I was so excited and it's been a really long time since I've played, but I didn't play I asked him to play and he did. So that was a fantastic introduction, then we started discussing his relationship with Heavenly Father. He was telling us that God has always been important to him in his life, and that he relied on him. He said right not that he was specifically looking for a church that he would be able to start bringing his daughter to. He said that he attended multiple churches but none of them seemed right
to him. As if that wasn't good enough he then went on to tell us that he's been wanting to read The Book of Mormon for quite some time now he just never got a hold of one. I'm super excited for Shawn he's so humble and ready for the Gospel, I'm continually amazed how as soon as people are ready for the Gospel either we are put in their path or they are put in ours, it's sweet!
 
 We also started to teach another man name Mac, he's from El Salvador and has lived here with his family for 20 years, he also is very open and his relationship with Heavenly Father is really important to him. He has two children, who he cares and loves greatly. We met him at a Starbucks and shared with him the message of the restoration, when we shared with him the Book of Mormon, he was reading different parts of it for 3-5 minutes (I don't really know how long it was). But Elder McGahan and I were able to tell that the spirit was working it's magic as he read different passages of scripture. We are planing to have another teaching appointment with him, only this time we'll be going to his home! Hopefully we'll be able to teach his whole family next visit, that would be fantastic! It's just so much better to teach a whole family rather than one person in that family, because then the family can support each other as they continue to read and pray to know that the Book of Mormon is true!
 
Speaking of families, we also got to teach Gordie, Kristina and Rose again! We talked about the first half of the plan of salvation and Rose, Gordie's mom had questions about Adam and Eve and the role that they played in God's plan, we did our best to answer all her questions, but I was grateful because I felt that we were teaching with the spirit. Especially when we started to talk about prayer with them, and how the Holy Ghost will testify to them the truthfulness of what we teach! What's even greater is that Rose came to church the next day and loved it! I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous at first because I knew this was going to be huge for Rose, we needed to make a good first impression. Turns out that she loved it, we were talking about it with Gordie later on in the day, and he was thanking us go taking care of his mom and giving her a good experience at church.
 
 We also got to see a broadcast from Anchorage Alaska on Saturday night, and Elder Jefferey R. Holland addressed us. It was a great fireside and I was able to feel the spirit confirm to me the truthfulness of his words, he talked alot about the evidence that we have that the church is true. But the most important evidence is the confirmation that we receive from the spirit. That is so true, and everyone who ever prays to know if this church is true with a sincere heart with real intent and faith in Christ will receive an answer confirming to them that it is! I know that because I've received that answer, as I asked Heavenly Father in faith.
 
 So this week is looking really good, we have some new people lined up who we'll hopefully meet with his week.
 
 It's awesome to hear how everyone is excited about their new iPhones, I see them in church and flip out, all the members here think it's funny! I haven't really heard much about how transfers work now, But I know that this is my first 6 month area, so I guess we'll have to see, it would make sense that they want to keep missionaries in one area longer. I like moving places quick though, I guess just because that's how most of my mission has been. 

alot on our missions, I know I have changed so much, but I know I'm still me which is nice. I don't now the model of my shaver I'll have to send it to you later this week.
 
 Oh and also when you go for Cody's road test would you be able to get me a copy of my driving record and send it to me so I can get my BC license, I've been driving with my Utah one since I got here, but the vehicle coordinator wants me to get a BC one now, so I must obey!
 
 Have a good week, Love you
 
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment