Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time Is Flying By

Hey everyone!
 
 Wow I can't believe how busy you all are! Christmas must be around the corner! I can't believe it's already almost December, time just is flying by and it's crazy, next thing I know we'll be talking to each other on Christmas day. I'm super excited about that I can't wait to talk to everyone!
 
 This week was great! We had zone conference and Friday and Saturday, we learned so much! We focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ how important it is and what we need to do to have the full power of the Atonement in our lives. The spirit was really strong there and I felt my testimony grow in strength. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice that he performed on our behalf, I know that if it was not for him and his Atonement we would not be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father. I am grateful that he allows me to become a better person. I am grateful that he blessed all of our lives, I know that through Jesus Christ people change their lives and come closer to Heavenly Father, I've seen it and I've felt it in my heart.
 
 So with transfers, funny you should ask because we are getting our calls next Tuesday and then if I get transferred I would leave next Thursday so that would be December 8th. I honestly don't know what to expect. I know I've been in Burnaby for over 6 months now and this is my longest area, the two Spanish Elders that live in the apartment with us think I'm going places. But usually I have a feeling that I'm going to be leaving when tansfers come around and I haven't really felt that I'm leaving yet. But President Tilleman has a reputation for being unpredictable. I know that if I would be leaving anytime soon, this transfer does make sense for me to go. So we'll see what happens, but if you thinking about mailing me a package, I would say the best bet is to go with the mission office, like last year.

 The Lord has been blessing Burnaby these past few weeks, and we have seen many miracles here, that I am truly grateful for. I know that I wouldn't be able to do this work if it wasn't for the spirit, it leads us and guides us where to go what to say even how to say things. It still requires faith though, because I honestly don't know what I'm going to say when I start talking to a person but I open my mouth say hi listen to what the person says to me and then that's where the spirit takes it.
 
This past week we met with a man named John Wutunee, he's a new investigator Elder McGahan and I were blessed with about 2 weeks ago. We met him on the street near the Royal City Center and he gave us his phone number and we gave him a call, had a meeting and explained the message of the restoration. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. We got a call later that week and he said after reading the Book of Mormon he felt that he wasn't ready to change religions and he asked that we come and pick up the copy of Book of Mormon which we gave to him. So when we went over we sat down and he expressed how he wants to stay loyal to the church he attends at the moment. He felt bad because he said he didn't want us to waste our time speaking with someone who isn't ready to change. We told him it was okay and that we didn't expect him to be ready to change churches, he then told us that even though he wasn't ready to change he was willing to learn. So we said great he kept his copy of the Book of Mormon and we were on our way. The spirit really helped us there, so later on this week Elder McGahan and I were driving to north Burnaby to do some street contacting, when we got a call from John. He said he would like to see us if we had time. Our appointment that we had set up fell through so we had time to go visit so we went over right away. After speaking with John for a few minutes he paused for a moment looked down at the ground then he look into our eyes and said "Guys, I want to tell you something, I've been going to the salvation Army church for a little over a year now. Even though I've been going this whole time I just don't feel like all my needs are being met there, and I noticed that you Elders left me the time and address for church on Sunday......I'll be there" After we prayed and left I was in the car with Elder McGahan and I told him how grateful I was for the spirit. I know that Heavenly Father has been working a mighty change in John's heart! He is planning on coming to church this upcoming Sunday and he is also planning on attending the Christmas devotional (he loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!).
 
Heavenly Father has blessed us with wonderful honest good people to teach. I am so grateful for the spirit which leads us in this work. Just thinking about all that has happened here makes me just want to start dancing and singing because I'm so happy.
 
 Hope you all have a great week
 
 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment