Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We Seen Miracles This Week!

Hey!

 So I sang in Burnaby a long time ago! That was probably back in July or August, I don't remember what I sang honestly, it was when I was companions with Elder Clarke. We sang because he was in Burnaby for 7 1/2 months and everyone knew he was going home so the chorister sister Ishidao asked if we could perform a musical number before we left! So we did
 
Elder McGahan and I feel so blessed, the Lord has blessed us with miracles this week! On Tuesday we were contacting on the street around 4 in the afternoon, while we were walking along the street we see this one lady. She looked really concerned and it seemed that there was something wrong, so I walked up to her and pretty much just asked "Is everything okay?" She told us her name was Betty and she went on to tell us how she and he daughter just got into a fight and that he daughter ran away and now she was trying to find her. So we said well we can you help you find her, and she at first was really surprised that we would even offer but she accepted and we agreed to meet on front of her house in 10-15 minutes. So we started walking down the street looking for Betty's daughter Tessa. But we didn't find her so we went back to Betty's house to see if maybe Betty had found her. But Betty wasn't there and we waited around for 5-7 minutes, and we had another appointment to get to so we had to leave. I felt really bad because we weren't able to meet up and I had no idea if Betty even found Tessa or not.
 
 So the next day we were back around the same area doing more street contacting, when Elder McGahan was talking to this person I saw someone in the corner of my eye, and I felt I should go talk to this person. I've learned that whenever the Spirit tells you to do something you do it! So I did, and when I turned around it turns out that it was Betty! I was so excited to see her and she was happy to see us and turns out that she found Tessa and that everything was alright! We got her contact information and told her that we would be calling to set up a time to come over. A few days later I called Betty, and she sounded like she was really excited about something. We talked for a few minutes and she expressed her gratitude for the wonderful help that we were, then she paused and said that she had a question. I said sure, she asked what did our church think about a book called The Book of Mormon. I told her what we thought that it was another testament of Jesus Christ. She then went on to tell me that the other night she was walking around her house and she saw a copy of the Book of Mormon next to a dumpster, and she told me that she felt like she really needed to go a pick it up and take it home! She said it was really funny because lately little things have been happening to her that are helping her remember Heavenly Father. I shared with her Alma 36: 6-7 over the phone. She thought it was great. So now we have an appointment set to go meet her on Wednesday and it's going to be awesome! I have a testimony that miracles have not ceased, but continue today and Heavenly Father watches over and cares for his children!
 
 We also met another man on the street too, his name is Steven and we talked to him for two minutes and then he looked at his watch and he said "Alright, well I have to be a this restaurant by 5:00, why don't you two boys come and meet me there and we can have a good chat". I was like OK! So we went and met Steven at the restaurant and we taught him the message of the restoration, we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and asked us why it was important. We explained it to him and now he wants to have us over for another visit. We've been so blessed here, I know that we have been able to be successful because of our faith and the diligent effort Elder McGahan and I put in last transfer.
 
Tell everyone at home that I love them and think of them often and in my prayers!
 
 Have a good week everyone
 
 Love,
 
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment