Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, January 9, 2012

Crazy Busy

 Hey everyone! Man! I just feel like I have to apologize again for last week. We literally sat down to do e-mails and I wrote just a few sentences then I just remember that we had that appointment scheduled that day.

 So anyway this week has been crazy. We have so many appointments that we're going to everyday it's difficult to stay on top of things. Then when we get back at night we do our nightly planning then I lie down on my bed that night and I'm OUT! Then next thing I know it's 6:30 and the new day is already started.
 But it's great I love being a missionary. We have so many amazing experiences and I am learning to recognize the spirit more and more everyday. I act on any prompting I receive and the Lord is blessing us as we are being exactly obedient.

I went to the Wal-mart in Burnaby today and I picked up the pictures and I also exchanged for the new razor. They almost didn't let me do it, but then the lady decided that it would be okay so I was happy about that. I haven't had time to look at the pictures we've been trying to get everything done early today so that Elder Henderson and I would have time to write letters. I'm way behind on my letter writing so today is going to be catch up day.

 We're also moving to a new apartment this week. We've been looking for a new one for the past few week and we found one that we really like and to top it off it's only 2 minutes away from the church so we should be moving in either by the end of this week or early next week.

This week we were finally able to meet with that miracle lady Betty from a couple of months ago. I just kept feeling that I shouldn't give up on her so I kept calling and whenever we would call she would talk to us for at least 15 minutes with all these questions. Which is great because that shows that they are sincere and are interested in learning. So after many conversations on the phone and after overcoming a few barriers we met her and it was great. I would say that the highlight of the lesson was when we taught her about prayer. We taught her the steps to pray and the whole time we were able to tell that she was listening intently, at the end of the lesson we invited her to offer the closing prayer. After she finished praying she wrote in the pages of the copy of the Book of Mormon that she found on the ground and wrote "first real prayer" and then put the date and all who were present.

 It's so cool to see how Heavenly Father prepares people who are ready to receive this gospel. It just feels so great to share it, I know this will help her greatly in her life in every way possible. Sister Kane (Sister Ross' friend) bore her testimony on Sunday and spoke about the Gospel of Jesus Christ has enriched her life. I know that is true I was able to feel the spirit confirm to me what she said. That's why our job is so important, we help people to truly bring Christ into their lives.

 This week on Tuesday we are going to be having a mission training session from our area 70 Elder Christianson, I heard it's all about member work so I'm excited for that.

 Missionary work is awesome, I am so grateful for the experiences that we have everyday!

Tell Kelsey that I wish her a very happy happy birthday and that I love her!
 
 Have a great day!

 Love,

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment