Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Still In Burnaby !

Hey everyone!
 How is everyone doing? Well transfers were last week and once again, I'm staying in Burnaby! So by the time this transfer is over I will be here nine months! That's crazy and your right it's total opposite from last year me being transferred all over the place now I get to stay in one area for a really long time. Anyway I'm really happy that I get to stay in Burnaby for another transfer, it's weird everyone here treats me like another member in the ward, it's great! Plus I know everyone I practically know every street and I don't think there's ever been an English Elder that's served here for as long as I have. The work here is going great.

 We also got moved out of our old apartment, our new address is 5460 Hardy Court Burnaby, B.C. V5G 1R2

 It's a really nice apartment, we are truly blessed to be living there! I was sick this past week, pretty much the most sick that I've been my entire mission. But I'm better now and everything is okay, I had to stay home and sleep for two days though. It was really weird I'm happy it's over because I felt really uncomfortable not being able to do anything.

 Yesterday we were out in New Westminster, and there has been this less active member that we've been trying to get in contact with for the past few months but every time we try to drop by he's never home! He never answers his calls to so he's a really hard guy to get a hold of Bishop feels that we should work with him so we were doing everything we could to help. Anyway we were driving by his house on our way to go a visit another member, when I get this impression that we need to go and visit him. Without hesitation I pulled over and Elder Henderson asked what are you doing? I said I feel like we need to stop by this member, we went to his apartment and buzzed his number there was no answer. I said a prayer in my heart and asked Heavenly Father to give us a chance to help him, we tried one more time no answer again. So we turned around to leave and I see this man walking towards us in the dark, then I recognized that it was the man who we were trying to get in contact with! We talked for about 5 minutes and he told us how he thought it was so crazy that he ran into us and that he was thinking about us quite a bit the past few days. I told him that Heavenly Father wanted us to meet tonight and that we were here to help him. He's been trying to come back to church for a really long time now. So we set up a time to go and visit him and we'll be going on Saturday night. I'm so excited!

 I'm always so happy to be able to help someone accept the blessings of the Gospel. I know that the spirit inspires us as we listen and are humble. The spirit guides us in everything we do, I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for the gift of the Holy Ghost. We might start taking the bus here and give our car to someone who needs it more than us, I think it would be awesome we would get to talk to so many people and the public transportation here is really great too.

 So last week I borrow someone's jacket to go snow shoeing it was about -6 degrees not to cold. It was pretty much that cold here all week last week, but this past weekend everything warmed up and all the snow that we had melted away.

 Tell Doda that I received her card as well

Love you have a great week!

Love,

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment