Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, February 6, 2012

Official Burnaby Missionary

Hey everyone!

 This week has been great! I am now the official Burnaby missionary, even bishop in PEC this Sunday said that everyone should just start calling you Brother Lahache because I've been here for so long! I love it though, it's great because I know so many people in the ward, I'm not going to lie, it's going to be really hard for me to leave Burnaby.....if I ever do get transferred.

 We've been working really hard in our area to help one of Heavenly Father's children accept the blessings of baptism. I feel like were getting closer and closer each week, I know that as we continue to have faith and live exactly obedient to the mission rules then we'll see blessings here.
 We are going to be testing not having a car this week in Burnaby, we'll be on buses starting Monday, like you said mom it's going to really change the way we have to work in this area. I'm a little scared because I really hope we'll be able to get to all the places and appointments on time, we have skytrain in Burnaby which is faster than bus, Burnaby is big though! But I know that Heavenly Father will provide a way for us to do all that he asks us too. I'm excited for it though because that means that we'll be out contacting all the time! I really love being out talking to people as much as I can! It's going to be alot like Delta I think.

 We've been working really well with the ward the past few weeks, I don't know if I told you or not but in Burnaby one of the goals on the ward mission plan is to have 20 exchange hours a week with the missionaries. I think it's awesome, so we've been bringing members to almost every single appointment that we had this week. It really makes a difference and when the members bear their testimonies of the gospel you can feel the spirit so strongly. We've been working with many less active members in the ward and it's wonderful to help these people come back! I feel like Alma when he says "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." (Alma 29:9-10)

 We started working with a part member family this week. Missionaries have been trying to teach them FOREVER! We were planning one night and we just felt that we should drop by and have a visit with them. So last night we dropped by, and they let us in. We sat down for a few minutes and spoke to the member husband, while his wife was on the phone upstairs. After a few minutes the wife finally came down and we had a casual conversation then she started asking questions about tithing and next thing I knew we were teaching a lesson. It was awesome, towards the end of the lesson she expressed to us that she really wanted her son to go on a mission and that she knew it was the right thing. We invited her to learn more about the church and she accepted, we're going to go see them again next Sunday and to top it off they even invited us over for supper!

 I'm really excited to do missionary work, I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity that I have to serve. I've learned so much and I continue to learn more about the Gospel and strengthen my testimony everyday! Tell Uncle Jay I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's also great news to hear that Didier and Nathaniel both recieved the Melchizedek priesthood, they'll be great missionaries.

 It'll be awesome having the mission president come over on Friday! I know that I love and respect President Tilleman so much, he's a really good friend of mine. I can't wait to see how he reacts with Dad's sauce on the ribs.

 I'll make sure to check daily for the package that Auntie Fatima sent at the old apartment, but I don't know how to set up a forwarding address :S

 Tell Doda and Ma that I received their cards and that I love them very much!

Have a good week! Love

Elder Kameron Lahache!

No comments:

Post a Comment