Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, February 6, 2012

Time Is Flying By

 Dear Mom and Dad

 I heard about the Giants winning the superbowl yesterday! I was so happy and I could only imagine how crazy every at home must have went! I can't believe how fast time is going by!

  I've been over my cold for about a week and a half, Elder Henderson thought he was getting sick but he turned out to be okay. This week was our first week on the bus, I really like it because we're out all the time and there isn't a moment of the day where your not around people. So we get to talk to people on the street on the bus and even skytrain, it's like the metro system back home only here it's above ground even above the road! Anyway it's great being able to talk to people all the time I love it! Sometimes there are people who are really grouchy and just don't want to talk at all, but I don't let it mess with me, I just try to make them laugh and have a good day. It's especially funny talking with the Chinese people because all you have to do is speak a little Chinese and they freak out! Then once you've impressed them with your language skills you can talk to them about anything and they'll listen.

 Many of our appointments that we had set fell through this week, which is okay because we're still getting used to getting around this huge area on public transportation. This week is looking really great, Elder Henderson and I are ready to work hard!

 Tell Alex that I did not receive his e-mail from before Christmas! For future reference if anyone wishes to e-mail me my email address is kameron.lahache@myldsmail.net anyone can e-mail me, but I can only reply family. If anyone e-mails me who is not family please include your address so that I can write you back a letter! Thanks!

 Also I did receive the most glorious pizza from Papa John's from Shawn and Mattie on my birthday! It totally made my day! Tell them I said thanks, I'll be writing them today also.
My New Clean!!! Apartment

Our new apartment is beautiful and we're able to keep it nice and clean just the way I like because it is only Elder Henderson and I living there. When we lived at the old place I had to clean up after everyone, all the missionaries started calling me Papa Lahache because they said I was the father of the house.

We've been working with the ward these past few weeks with the ward, to help less active members return back to church. Every single person is important in the eyes of our Heavenly Father, it's great because when we're there in the appointment I can feel Heavenly Father's love for that individual. I listen to the spirit and it guides us to know what to say that will help this certain person. I also know that it is important for us to be obedient so that we are worthy to have that companionship and guidance of the Holy Ghost.

 This past week we received word that President Tilleman is in the hospital and is recovering from an accident. Please pray for him that he will get well soon. It's nothing serious, but he could definitely use all the prays that he can so that he'll be able to get back to work!

The work in Burnaby is still going strong, I'm excited because we're working in more unity with the ward than we ever have before. If we want to get more baptisms in this mission we need more missionaries, the members are those missionaries that we need to us more fully. We've also been focusing in on part member families and that has been incredibly successful and they when they start investigating the spouse is there to support them all the time. That's exactly what we need, I'm excited to see the fruits of all the hard work that we're doing.

Gordie Carley is still progressing well, he had a testimony and wants to be baptized, his mom said that he can be baptized after he graduates which will be this upcoming summer. If I do get transferred I hope that that I can come back for that because, I've been with him every single step of the way, it would be amazing to see him take this step in coming closer to his Heavenly Father! I don't really feel like I'm going to be transferred anytime soon either, you guys are right!
 Tell everyone at home that I love them and pray for them daily!

I love you all too!

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment