Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012

So Busy This Week Flew By!

 Hey Everyone!

  President Tilleman, as far as I know left the hospital this morning. He is going to be going through rehab for about 2-4 weeks, we'll see how it goes but he is recovering FAST and QUICK too. It's wonderful to see the Lord's hand in his recovery, I feel more than anything that this experience will do nothing but help the mission.

 This week went by so fast! I was barely in my area this week, I got to go on exchange with missionaries from the district. I went out first with The Vancouver YSA Elders, I was with Elder Bird and he actually came out the same time as I did. We were in the MTC at the same time we just never had a chance to meet each other until we got out to the mission field. The YSA missionaries are doing really well, they are having a baptism this Saturday, so I will be going to do my first baptismal interview. It should be fun I'm excited because I hear that they're incredibly spiritual experiences. I was on exchange with the YSA elders untill Wednesday night then on Thursday night I went to Coquitlam, which is just east of Burnaby. Coquitlam was just opened this last transfer so the Elders there have alot of work to do so it was really exciting to be a part of it. I got to go on exchange with Elder Harr who is actually a new missionary from Nevada. He's a really great Elder with a powerful testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

 I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve as a mission. I've learned so much and my testimony of the Gospel continues to grow each and everyday. We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators named Mac, for March 17th. It was funny because Elder Henderson extended the invitation to be baptized. When he heard Mac say yes Elder Henderson about fell off his seat. He thought that he heard wrong so he asked Mac to be baptized again a second time, to which he accepted once again. I just smiled and we testified of the importance of baptism. The spirit was there and now we're working with Mac so he can make the necessary steps to prepare himself to be baptized! Once we were out of the appointment Elder Henderson was ecstatic, he started calling all the missionaries in the district describing what had happened. It was really funny because he was so excited for Mac as am I.

 This Sunday we had someone called to be our new ward mission leader. So I'm really excited to start working with him. I know having a ward mission leader will help the work in Burnaby progress much faster than it is now.

 Being on Bus is so much fun. It does take alot longer to go places though, it took us an hour and a half to get from one end of our area to the other on Thursday afternoon, luckily we planned two hours of travel time between those two appointments. If we didn't we would have never made it on time! It's great though we have good long conversations with people. It's funny because all we have to do is start talking to people and somewhere down the line they always ask us who we are and what we're doing. I just love being a missionary, and it's truly a wonderful blessing to be able to share this Gospel with my brothers and sisters here.

 Sounds like everyone had a great time at Cody's birthday party! I'm excited to see the pictures when they come.

Tell everyone at home I said Hi!
 Have a great week!

Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment