Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, February 13, 2012

Please Pray For President Tilleman

 Hey everyone!

 President Tilleman is in the hospital right now, he's recovering from an accident that he had in which he suffered spinal damage. Please keep President Tilleman in your prayers.

Also District Leader and trainer responsibilities don't necessarily have to go together. For example I was just a trainer before a district leader, and there are many district leaders who are just that, however I am currently doing both. It's a wonderful opportunity for me to serve the missionaries in the district though I love it! I am very humble for the Lord's call and I am relying on him now more than I ever have because I not only need to receive counsel about the area but now about what we can do to help make the missionaries better.

 I'm not sure what to think about how much longer I'll be in Burnaby. At the end of this transfer I will have been here 9 months! Which is awesome I love being in Burnaby and I know it like the back of my hand. This past Sunday Elder Henderson and I were asked to give talks, so at the beginning when Bishop was introducing the speakers he said "We'll be hearing from two wonderful speakers today, first we will hear from Elder Lahache" Then he paused and said "well we might as well just start calling him Brother Lahache because of how long he's been here." It's great to be in an area for such a long time because I've really been able to develop a strong relationship with the members, which is great because it helps with the work in so many ways.

 I can't believe how quick time goes by on the mission. We've been getting around great on the bus system, it's wonderful because we get to talk to people all the time. I am ready for it to stop raining though I'm not going to lie. It was great today because it's sunny.

 This week is already looking really busy we have 17 lessons set so we have to plan carefully so we can arrive to all our appointments on time. I'm going to be going on exchange two times this week with the Vancouver YSA area and Coquitlam. It's interesting because they are my primary focus now. President told me that my priority is first with the Lord, then to him and then to the missionaries in the district. That's what it says in the white handbook so that's what I'll do! I am grateful for the leaders of the mission who work so hard so that we can be the missionaries Heavenly Father wants us to be.

 Tell President Kaufman that I received his letter and that I appreciate the time that he took to write me. It was nice to get a quick update from him. See if you can get his address at home so I can send him a quick note saying thank you.

 So if there is anything else that I need to do for school let me know. Like you said we need to work fast so we can make this happen.

 Have a good week, I love you guys!

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment