Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, January 16, 2012

Transfers Tomorrow

 Hello everyone!


 How is everyone doing today! We just got back from hiking on this mountain named Cyprus mountain, it's the mountain where they had the snowboarding events in the Vancouver 2010 winter Olympics. We went hiking right next to the ski runs, oh man it was nice! Cody would have been going crazy and saying "Sonny boy I wanna go snowboarding!" It was really nice. The snow was fresh powder which I honestly wasn't expecting because of how humid it gets here. Seeing the mountains helped me to make my decision that we are going to come back after my mission and go skiing/snowboarding here together.


View From Top Of Cyprus Mountain
 So we haven't moved apartments yet, we are starting to move all our furniture today so hopefully we'll be able to get it all done in time. I can't wait to get it out of the way so we can be 100% focused on the work here. Brother Ostertag one of the awesome members in Burnaby, he's in one of the pictures with me, is going to borrow his friends suburban so we can move all our beds and big pieces of furniture that we have. The new apartment that we're moving to is really nice, it's less than a year and a half old and the floors are all hardwood which is great for cleaning. It's a good size I'm really happy I found it, I don't remember the address right now, so for the birthday cards, I would say the best thing to do would be just to mail it to the mission office (8440 Williams road, Richmond B.C. V7A 1G6). We're going to be going there this week regardless of whether or not I get transferred because there is going to a be a training for all new missionaries and their trainers on transfer day.


Nations PRIDE!
Also we find out what's happening with transfers yet again, calls come on Tuesday night. We'll see if I get to stay in Burnaby for another transfer or not, if I do stay I will be here for a total of 9 months, that is incredibly rare in English work! I would like to serve in the north though I think it would be great, I'll be happy with wherever the Lord needs me to be!

This week has been awesome for the work here in Burnaby. We're so busy it's great, we received a referral from our bishop this week on Sunday, so we went a paid a visit to the family who he referred us to and they are PREPARED! We sat down and started to talk about what our purpose is as missionaries and how our message helps people come closer to Jesus Christ. The couple told us that they use to live in Guatemala, and they arrived in B.C. a little under 4 months ago. The wife's best friend was a member of the church there and because of that they have had much exposure to what we believe and they were impressed with it. They said that they are thinking about starting a family soon and they want to be involved with a church to give their children a strong foundation. They said that they feel that this is the right church for them and their future family they just feel they need to pray and ask God if this is what he wants for them. I was so happy because they were so opened and so willing to learn, it really makes you happy when you find someone who is genuinely interested in learning about the Gospel. I know that the Gospel does give us that sure foundation to build our lives upon and those who put their trust in Heavenly Father are blessed. So that's two new investigators this week and we've been finding 2 new consistently which is the best I've ever done on my mission. I know that Heavenly Father is leading us here. If the work continues to progress the way it has for the past
few weeks they might need to send in another set of Elders to help us keep up with everything that is going on here.



Elder Lahache and Elder Henderson
We started working with many part member families a few weeks ago and already we are starting to see the fruits of the labor. Families who haven't come to church in years are starting to come back! I am so grateful for the spirit which accompanies us as we teach these wonderful people because the spirit bear witness to them and teaches them that going to church is what they need to do. It's a wonderful feeling helping people come back, it's pretty much the same for me as helping people accept the covenants of baptism. I am truly beginning to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for all of his children. I know I still have alot to work on but I know that as long as I am humble and teachable that Heavenly Father will continue to shape me into the person that he wants me to be.

The scones that we made were delicious, but your right they don't even come close to being as good as mom's are. Those jams are amazing though! Harry and David's is the best, I got Elder Henderson addicted to Mose Munch and he is even more addicted to Arrowhead Sauce! He tries it with everything and he says that the sauce goes good with everything it doesn't matter what it is, the sauce makes it better. So we got people in B.C. and Utah who are interested in it now!


Elder Lahache and Brother Ostertag

Anyway for my birthday it was another day to work, we're going to eat out today for my birthday though so I'm excited for that.



 I love you!

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment