Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, November 8, 2010

Langley Week 13


Hi!
 
Sorry I'm mailing back so late today we had a bunch of different things that we needed to get done today! It was crazy we we're running all over the place.
 
This week was a good week though in different ways, Elder Hayes and I are starting to work alot more with members so that we can show that we are here to serve the ward. I would say that it's working pretty good so far, on Sunday we got a referral for this lady who really is looking for something to believe in so she is ready to hear what we have to say. Plus she already has two friends who are members and that helps so much. I find that when we have investigators who are good friends with us only and not people who go to church they progress alot slower than an investigator who has a friend in the church. 

This week on Thursday we went and visited Tony, I don't think I've told you about him yet. But I would definitely say that he is our best investigator at the time. He's just so sincere, and he knows that if what we are teaching him is true, then he and his family have some changes to make. He's an awesome guy though he has two kids and he and his wife are still together. Anyway we've been meeting with him for some time now, when we first started to go and visit him we would usually just have a bible bash session. Which isn't good at all because the spirit is NEVER there when that happens. So we started to testify alot more to him, and he says that a testimony is hard to back up because there is no proof, so we would just tell him that's because every has to have their own witness from the spirit to know what we're teaching is true. So I can see just in the past two weeks he's slowly but surely beginning to open up to the idea that he can pray to know if what we're teaching is true, he doesn't have to be shown proof in the bible, which is important. But if you can be convinced into believe something then I think you can just as easily be convinced to not believe anymore. Also we started to bring Bishop Engen to our lessons and they get along great, I think it's nice for Tony to hear other people to tell him that they believe the church is true other than just the missionaries, because we're called to do it and it's what we're supposed to do. Not that our testimonies are not good enough, I just think it means alot to him to hear other members bear testimony. So that's what we've been doing with him. He's slowly but surely progressing I think he'll one day make a great member and he will have such a powerful testimony. I love to teach him, I feel good when I do.
 
So Betty Fung decided this week that she didn't need to meet with us anymore, which is a bummer but I wasn't really surprised because I just felt that her heart just wasn't there when we were teaching her, so we'll occasionally drop by and see her. It's weird because I don't like being dropped or dropping people because I feel like there's so much more that we can teach them, I just want them to feel the spirit and gain a testimony so bad! But I also know that every action that we do makes a difference whether we see it or not, which is sometimes a little hard. Taloo hasn't really been keeping his commitments that we've been giving him either, I think he's scared to be baptized, so we'll be seeing him on Tuesday, so we'll try to get to the root of what is going on. Something in the last week changed with him.
 
The weirdest thing happened to Elder Hayes and I this week. So we were just knocking doors on this one street, out of nowhere this random car stops like 15 feet ahead of us and I could see the window roll down, I had no idea what to expect. So the window rolls down and the people in the car start blasting the song that goes "do you really want to hurt me do you really want to make me cry" then this random girl sticks her head out of the window and she's recording us with this super old camera from the 90's or something. So she recorded us knocking doors for like almost a minute and it was so awkward. I guess we seemed pretty cool to those people.
 
Kelsey's testimony is awesome! I think that's so great that she knows all those things to be true at such a young age. It took me a little longer to know, for sure that the church is true.
 
The weather has been alright it rains pretty much everyday and it really bothers Elder Hayes but it doesn't bother me at all, when it does rain it usually rains for about an hour or two plus it never really pours down usually it's more just a mist. I think since I've been here it's only poured twice and it was pretty bad.
 
Hope everything is going good at home. I missed you all alot this week I don't know why, I'm really excited to see what that new stove will look like in the kitchen it sounds awesome. I've been cooking alot more lately but we usually only have about 30 minutes to eat. So I end up cooking just pasta all the time, which is fine. What can I cook that is fast to make?
 
I'll talk to you next week
Love you!
Kameron
 

No comments:

Post a Comment