Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, November 1, 2010

Busy Week On The Road !


Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a good week!
 
Things here have been going good. I was barely in Brookswood this week though I got back Saturday night and for the rest of the week I was in 2 different areas, Willoughby and Maple Ridge they're both in my district but I wanted so bad to be back in Langley. Elder Hayes was there for some of the week but we were on exchanges with other missionaries so we barely got to focus on our area. It was only a week but it seemed like forever!
 
The weather has still been around 10 degrees everyday so it's still pretty warm but it has been raining alot pretty much everyday, but usually it only rains half of the day, it's not that bad. But it's weird because I look at the grass and it's actually greener now than when I got here, and winters coming up.
 
So there are a few exciting things that happened this week. One day I think it was on Thursday I wanted to come back into Langley but I was on exchanges with another Elder from Willoughby, so I figured well I'm supposed to stay here. But then I kept on thinking about it, that I should go to my area even if it was for a bit. 

I asked my companion what he thought his name is Elder Olsen. He said that was fine, so we when back I had no idea where it was that we were going to be going. Then I thought we should go visit Taloo, he's 15 years old and his family is from Berma I think I told you about them before, so he speaks Karen an indigenous language from that area where he lives. Anyway we've been meeting with him and his family. So I thought that we should go visit him, so we went in he was home and I felt I should share with him the promise that Moroni gives us in the Book of Mormon. The promise that we can pray and know through the spirit that the Book of Mormon is true. So I shared that and he said that he thinks that's true because he says that he feels really good and happy when he reads the book of Mormon. So I asked him if he will be baptized and he said yeah! So we set a date with him on November 27th I believe that's the last Saturday in November. So I'm so excited for him he's such a nice guy! But yeah I feel like I've been having more spiritual experiences on my mission than my whole life. I can truly see how the spirit can guide us to where Heavenly Father needs us.
 
So on Saturday we had trunk or treat, I got back into Langely officially on Saturday too. So we stopped by and there was so many people there. Alot more than I was expecting, Elder Hayes and I only stayed there for about 10 minutes though because we had alot of catching up to do with our area considering we were both gone all week. This week will be the first week than Elder Hayes and I will be able to serve in one area and focus on it together, so I'm really excited to see how much work we'll get done this week. I think that with us both working as hard as we can and with God helping us that we will see alot of progress.
 
I need a sewing kit because I already ripped one of my pants so now I need to fix it! So we'll probably go and pick that up today.
 
So for Halloween we were not allowed to go out after 6 p.m. so the missionaries in our district just went to an apartment and played a game of risk. We didn't have time to finish the game but it was still fun.

OH! There is this new missionary who is serving here in my district, and he's from B.C. but his visa to the U.S. is delaying from going to the MTC so he's serving in our area untill his visa comes in. Anyway what's really cool about that is he's going to serve his mission in Fresno California! That's where Elder Jason Glowa is!!! So I wrote a note to him and if they ever run into each other then I have a note that will be delivered to Jason!
 
Anyway that's basically the highlights for my week, I can feel that this week is going to be a good week!
 
Love you all! Take care! Thank you for your prayers they help me so much
Love
 
Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment