Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, November 29, 2010

Transfered To Delta!


Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well! =)

So many changes happened this week, on Tuesday we got a call from President Nelson, and guess what? I got transferred to a new area, my new area is only about 30 minutes away from my old one just a little closer to Vancouver and the mission office. 

 I'm serving in Delta now and my new companion is Elder Nielson he's such a cool guy and we get along way good. He was in Langley north and I was in Langley south a few months ago so we already knew each other we just thought it was really funny how they put two such young missionaries together because Elder Nielson has only been on his mission about a month and a half longer than I have. So we're way excited to go to work here.

 Oh another thing about this area....it's a biking area! But we're going to be getting bus passes for the winter so it's not that bad. Anyway my new address is #216 7445 Scott Road Delta B.C. V4C 0B7 so let everyone know and tell anyone that if they have sent me letters recently that I won't get them probably for another two weeks, so I will reply to them as soon as I get them or I'll try to.

It was really hard for me to leave Langley, it's weird because I didn't notice how much I had become attached to the area and the people there, especially some of the people we taught. So we got our transfer calls on Tuesday night and then we leave Thursday at lunch time. So I basically had a day to go around and say goodbye to everyone, I was really sad to say goodbye to Peter, because he was so upset that I was leaving, it was weird because I felt that I had so much more work to do in Langley. But I do have faith that the Lord has put me and Elder Nielson in Delta for a reason and I know that there are people who are being prepared to hear our message.

It's so funny because in Langley we had 6 progressing investigators and then I come here to Delta and I find out that they only have one investigator! So we have alot alot of work to do here, and I'm really excited to do it. Many people that live here are east Indian so alot people cannot understand what we're trying to tell them, so basically we're trying to contact people and speaking as simply as we possibly can.
We live in a really nice apartment, it's brand new less than a year old and our bathroom has heated floors! EVERYDAY!

So my second day in Delta we spent over five hours straight tracting, and we walked everywhere we went and I was so tired at the end of the day. But it's cool because I saw that as we showed our faith in God that he blessed us with people who were willing to listen, there were occasionally people who were just not happy to see us at all, but many of the people here are very nice and polite which is quite the change from how people are in Langley I guess the cultural differences.
This week I really had my faith restrenghtened because I knew that I didn't want to go to a different area, but I knew that I was being sent there for a reason. The night that I found out that I was leaving I prayed for a while and I asked the Lord to give me to strength to be able to do whatever it is that he needs me to do. I remember that I didn't really feel any sense of reassurance that night but then the next morning while I was taking a shower, it's funny because I have alot of cool spiritual experiences in the shower now because I reflect alot. Anyway while I was in the shower I just felt like I had this added strength and courage to go somewhere new.

 Change has been something that I have never been to good with and I know that, but I know that the Lord blessed me with those extra bits of energy and strength that I need so I would feel good about going and starting a new area up. I'm so happy to be here right now, and I know that it's probably going to be really tough to keep a positive attitude especially since we might not always see the fruits of our labors, but I know that as we put our faith in the Lord after we have done all the we can do ourselves that's when he'll step in and we'll see miracles happen! I know that because I've seen it before.

Yesterday we had church at 1, so we had all morning to work so we decided that we would go and see one of the people who said we could come back on Sunday while we were tracting on Thursday night, so we knocked on his door and he let us come in a speak to him. He's from Guatemala and he is married and has a son, their names are Hulio Fransisca and Carlos is the son. Elder Nielson and I are so excited to begin teaching them, they are so nice and humble, we also know that the message that we have to share with them about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will bless their lives more than they or we can imagine.

Anyway I hope that everything is going well, I appreciate you guys supporting me so much, your support and just thinking about you guys gives me the extra push that I need. I love you guys so much!  I find that while I've been out I've appreciated alot of things that I simply took for granted while I was home. Even just the simple blessing well I guess not so simple but awesome blessing of our family especially. Your all so important to me. So thanks for giving me that extra push to give up things that I've been holding onto it's helped alot, even though it was hard.

I love you guys, thank you for all that you've done to make me who I am, and I guess I can start saying Merry Christmas now!

Love Elder Kameron Lahache <3

No comments:

Post a Comment