Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Gospel Changes Lives

 Hi :)
 
 Well this week has also went by incredibly fast! It was a very good week though, we taught about 7 lessons this week, we taught Phil Hurt,Terry Lewis, Brad and Jocelyn and also other people I just can't remember them all off the top of my head. I know I should remember those things but usually I have my planner with me but I forgot it
today.
 
 I think the event that impacted me the most this week was when we went and taught Brad and Jocelyn again, I remember what it they were like when we first started to teach them. Brad was usually just sitting around not looking too happy and he always had a beard and Jocelyn always seemed like she was upset about something, it just seemed like they were really looking for something to make their life brighter and better. So we got over to their house I believe on Tuesday and Brad answered the door, it was crazy I didn't even recognize him he shaved his beard off fixed his hair, I guess basically he really cleaned himself up, he really looked 10 years younger. Jocelyn too she has been way more happier every time that we come over to teach and she always reads when we ask her to read something in the Book of Mormon. It is truly a humbling experience to see someones testimony begin to grow. It was weird though because the change has been really gradual and they have been changing ever since we started to teach them I guess I just finally noticed is this week though.


 I know that as we apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives that we will find more happiness than we have ever felt in our lives, not just temporarily either but happiness that we will remember in our hearts for the rest of our lives.
 
 This week our member work has really started to get rolling also! There is a family that we visit almost every week and their name in the Leaños, they're phillipino and they're awesome! We have been doing all that we can to get their friends involved in church and finally this week we saw the fruits of our labors, because one of their friends name Christine has now started to take the lessons with us and now she plans on coming to church in the next few weeks! But yeah the Leaños are awesome, I'm so grateful for the wonderful members that we have in this ward in Delta to help support us whether it be by having us over for supper or giving us rides when we need it or even just helping us with ideas on how to get the ward more involved. The work truly is beginning to pick up in Delta and I'm really happy and excited about it, I know that it is all because of the Lord as he see's our faith increase he has blessed us with the succes that we have been seeing. So I think within the next month we'll have three investigators with a baptismal date! It's going to be awesome!
Got to love Julep

 Anyway I did receive the amazing birthday package this week! Thank you soooooooo much for the very delicious Orange Julep, I went crazy on the fist bottle and finished it in a day! But now I have to be careful with the rest that is left so I drinking it sparingly. Thank you for the new camera too! It's so funny because Elder Muller just bought that same exact camera except a different color so now we're camera buddies. 


 I loved getting my birthday package it made my day better, I really liked that card that you sent too. I'm glad to hear that everyone is better from the flu and happy to hear that everything is going well!
 
Have a good week
Love
 
Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment