Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, August 8, 2011

Grateful For the Gospel In My Life

 Hey everyone!

 Holy smoke I can't believe you guys are all already in Hampton Beach! It's even crazier that it has been practically a year since I've been on my mission, I guess looking back I've learned so much and I feel like I have really changed in many ways. It wasn't my efforts that have changed me I have hanged because I have put my life in the hands of our Father in Heaven! Man everyday just keeps getting better and better, there is nothing that I have experienced in this life that it more fulfilling and joyful that being a missionary! I am so grateful for the gospel in out lives and for the opportunity that we have to come to this earth to learn and to grow.

 So I filled up another memory card so when I get a chance I'll send it home to you guys later this week, there's so many random pictures. How long are you guys going to be in Hampton Beach I guess until the end of the week, the weather must be beautiful out there too! The weather is really mild here never really gets too hot and it doesn't get too cold, I think the hottest that I've seen it get here is about 27, usually it's only around low to mid 20's though. 
 So last week was once again transfer week, so Elder Clarke went home and he's in St. George Utah now! I also received a new companion! Guess where he's from...........QUEBEC CITY!!!! C'est ca le! He's such a good missionary, I'm learning so much from him! Oh and so we're still in Burnaby and it's such an awesome place to serve the Lord, we meet people from all over the world! So I can speak a few phrases in 5 different languages now!

 Our area is just exploding! The Lord is truly blessing us as we strive to do all that is required of us, people are being placed in our path. It's a really good feeling to come home at the end of the day and know that you did all that you could. Not only that but it is really fulfilling to see how the Lord uses us as missionaries truly bless and change people's lives. We had 3 investigators come to church this week, which is the most we've had since I've been here. I know that if we rely on the Lord that he will make it so we can see even more people coming out! Elder Soucy is a really hard working so I know that we'll be able to work hard in the Lord's work and save many souls! I'm so excited!

 One thing that Elder Soucy and I decided as soon as we became companions is that we are going to be the best effective and efficient missionaries that we can be. So we made a huge map of our area and put stickers where every single member, less active, investigator and part> member family lives. We've making sure that we organize ourselves properly so that we can give members enough notice so that they can make the time to come to lessons with us! Wow it works so well, already we have 5 member present appointments set up this week and I know that we can get more. Bringing members is so important and it helps investigators see how people live their faith in everyday life not just us as missionaries.

 Looking back on my mission so far I have learned many lessons and have gain experiences I am so excited that I have another year to serve because now I get to apply all that I've learned and just go crazy! I feel like I have been trying really hard, but I do not feel like I have yet to reach my full potential. So in the next year I am going to go the extra mile and really stretch myself to serve the Lord because I love him and because I know this gospel is true. 
 I have a testimony that the Lord guides us by his spirit if we are humble and willing to do want he wants us to. If we act upon the prompting that we receive he will guide us to do that which is right. When we follow that spirit we'll feel this overwhelming feeling of happiness we'll feel good about ourselves and have confidence in ourselves and more importantly confidence in our Father Heaven. That he will watch over us and guide us day by day so that we may bless thelives of his children.

 Later today Elder Soucy and I will be heading downtown to go buy some dress pants! We're going to see Elder Muller there (one of my companions while I was in Delta) and Elder Perkins! Both really good missionaries so it will be a fun day I'll have to take some sweet pictures while I'm there!

 Hope your all having an awesome time boogie boarding in Hampton Beach! Your so lucky! I'll pray for uncle J's daughter and hope that she gets well soon.

 Have an awesome day! Love you guys!

 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment