Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

New Address

Hey everyone,

 Well first of all I actually forgot to get those pictures form the Wal-Mart, I asked Elder Henderson back in Burnaby to go and pick them up and have them sent to the office.

 Also I realized that I forgot to send you my address last week. It's #303 595 Freeman St. Prince George, B.C. V2M 2R3

 There's actually no snow here, it's all melted and it's been beautiful and sunny everyday! Except for today, it rained a bit. I love it here though! I'm so excited and grateful for the opportunity it is to be here. Heavenly Father is really blessing our area and the zone!

 We had an amazing week! David and Linda were both baptized on Saturday and it was an incredible spiritual experience for all who were present. The spirit was really strong, David was baptized by Bishop Siakuluk and Linda was baptized by Elder Larsen. Then I had the opportunity to confirm them both members of the church and help them receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Everyone was smiling and it was great, when Linda was baptized she had the biggest smile on her face and the first words that came out of her mouth was "I DID IT!" Then after David was baptized he raised his arms up in the air like he won a race, he was so happy! Elder Larsen and I are both incredibly grateful for the opportunity that we had in helping them to receive this sacred ordinance. It really helped to strengthen my testimony that Heavenly Father does grant us strength that we need to accomplish anything as long as we excessive faith in Jesus Christ.

 We also found a new investigator last week, his name is Josh Miesi and he is honestly one of the most prepared people that I've taught my entire mission. We sat down with him our first lesson together and he asked us about Prophets so we taught him the message of the restoration. Josh expressed to us that he believed what we we discussed and we invited him to be baptized and without hesitation he accepted! So he now has a date for May 19th! Elder Larsen and I know that we are being blessed, Heavenly Father is truly preparing people for the Gospel here. I am so grateful for the influence of the spirit which brings thoughts or scriptures to our remembrance in the hour that we need it! We were in a lesson with Josh and as we were speaking he was expressing one of his concerns and as he was speaking a scripture and the exact page and verse and everything just came to my mind. I could practically see it! I've come to learn to recognize the spirit on my mission and I follow it whenever I receive promptings. We turned to the scripture and it was exactly what he needed to hear. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, which has been written for us today and helps us overcome individual challenges and problems that we face in our everyday lives!

 This week were also going down to Valemount B.C. which is about 3 1/2 hours away, there's a family who lives out there who has an 11 year old daughter who is not baptized, we got in touch with the family and they said that they wanted us to come over and teach them! So with the way things are looking we are going to have another 2 baptisms next month! It's so exciting, I am grateful that I have an opportunity to be a missionary. We are continuing to see amazing miracles like this happen, and it's amazing because we are seeing those miracles spread through the zone. We are making a push for the missionaries to be exactly obedient in every way. Elder Larsen and I have been doing it and let me tell you the windows of Heaven are being opened upon us, the area and the zone! I am grateful for theses miracles and I know that Heavenly Father works these miracles according to the faith that we have in him. We have such wonderful missionaries in our zone and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with them!

 On Tuesday and Wednesday we are going to be taking a Greyhound bus down to Quesnel which is about an hour and a half south of Prince George. It's crazy how much traveling we do here. We should be having another zone conference within the next two weeks, I'm really excited because it will be the first conference that we've had in a while since President Tilleman has been in the hospital.

That's all for this week, the church is true, this work is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I forgot my camera so I will send the pictures from the baptism and pictures from our trips to Valemount and Quesnel next week!

 Love,
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment