Elder Laahche

Elder Laahche
Canada Vanvouver Mission 2010 - 2012

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Transfers Tomorrow

Hey everyone!

 Man does time ever fly on a mission. It's already time for transfers we are receiving our calls tonight I'm crossing my fingers that I will be able to stay in Burnaby. How cool would it be to be able to serve in one area for half my mission! I really love the Burnaby ward, I'll be sad if I go, however I will go wherever the Lord needs me! I'm so grateful for the savior and especially on this Easter weekend. 

 I felt the spirit as I listened to the Easter messages in sacrament, which confirmed to me that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and it's through him and his Atoning sacrifice that we are saved, what a wonderful blessing and how blessed we are to have this knowledge of the Atonement in our lives!

  I haven't been able to go and get those pictures yet! We're so and it takes a while to go to the Wal-Mart now that we're on buses. If I do get transferred I will go out of my way to go and get those pictures though. I received both packages that you sent, all the Elders wanted some of the Moose Munch so I gave them some.

 This past week just went by so fast, Sister Kane also mentioned to me on Sunday that she called. On Sunday night we were walking around downtown Burnaby and we were on our way home. We were in a rush because we were trying to catch the bus as we were walking I noticed this man on the street. When I looked at him I received a distinct impression to talk to him. So we did, turns out his brother died the day before and he was praying to God for strength, and help. I am continually humbled by experiences like this one on my mission. I am so grateful for the spirit and I know that we can receive these prompting as we keep ourselves worthy of the spirit! I also received strengthened knowledge that Heavenly Father hears and answers the prayers of those who are humble. I've come to recognize, through experience, that he will often answer prayers through the righteous actions of others. We shared with him the role of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation, as we bore our testimony to him that because of Jesus Christ he will see his brother again. As we shared this with him he was comforted, his face lit up and he smiled! It felt great to be able to bear testimony to him about the resurrection especially on Easter Sunday!

  We're still working with Krass, he was in Whistler this past weekend so we didn't get a chance to meet with him. He's so ready to be baptized! I know he'll be baptized in April and I'm really excited for that. I keep thinking about that scripture in Alma 29, like Alma my joy if full in the success of bringing my brothers and sisters to Jesus Christ! I was reading this months ensign and it hit me again how powerful the Atonement is! I don't fully understand all the mechanics of the Atonement all that I know is that it works!

 Also I don't know if you know about the new bible videos that the church has come out with. If not go and check them out, here's the link http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/?lang=eng.

 I'll let you know where I am next week! 

 Love you!
 Elder Kameron Lahache

No comments:

Post a Comment